Best produced album?

Here's a mix of stuff to check out, all albums that I'd love to hear with really nice headphones:

Tipper - Forward Escape
Ulterior Motive - The Fourth Wall
Mystical deep Vol 2. (Absys recordings)
Queensway - East West
Lynx - The Raw Truth
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden
Shingo Nakamura - Days

ASC - Nothing is Certain would sound pretty epic i imagine, as would most of ASC's and Auxiliary's bits. Deep space Symbol #5, Focus Inwards/Porcelain are some of my faves.
I bet Rockwell's (older) tunes sound top notch too

Chase & Status More Than A lot as they got super famous from that album and nearly every track was on point to everyone.

As for the headphones I was like that at first with my Sennheiser's the sound was incredible but I soon went back to my distorted silly bassy sony headphones because dnb just sounds so much better slightly distorted as to beautifully clear, of course everyone is different.

Scar album that came out not long ago is quite good, pretty varied in styles

Fuck yeah. Caged was one of the first tracks I listened to. Top album.

-Maybe Delay No More by Spectrasoul?
-The Gemini Principle by dBridge (which I somehow only just discovered last week)
-Absolutely this:

-Dunno what you'd think of this music but I reckon "パステル勾配 lp" by Haircuts for Men is pretty well produced. Best song IMO is track six "今行ってる"
-Moody Good's "This is the Investigation" EP has quite a lot of detail and well engineered sounds in it, although it's pretty weird
-Could imagine Tokyo Prose's "Presence" LP being pretty nice and clean
-We Lost The Sea's "Departure Songs" LP is a really "albumy" album that might be good to sit down and appreciate with your headphones, but I should mention it's not electronic at all

let me know if you listen to and enjoy anything new out of what I listed

Delay No More is a good shout. Will check out everything else. Cheers man.

for recent DNB albums (but not necessarily cohesive) that are well produced I refer you to Mikal - Wilderness, and DBR UK - Rough Edges.

Break - Resistance
Break - Simpler times
Break - Symmetry

all are fucking outstanding albums (resistance is in my top 10 albums of all time), yeah gonna get hate for this, but I like break, man smashes it lol

How. How did I not think of Break?

Here's a mix of stuff to check out, all albums that I'd love to hear with really nice headphones:

Tipper - Forward Escape
Ulterior Motive - The Fourth Wall
Mystical deep Vol 2. (Absys recordings)
Queensway - East West
Lynx - The Raw Truth
Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden
Shingo Nakamura - Days

Only a couple on there I've heard, will check the rest. Thanks.

ASC - Nothing is Certain would sound pretty epic i imagine, as would most of ASC's and Auxiliary's bits. Deep space Symbol #5, Focus Inwards/Porcelain are some of my faves.
I bet Rockwell's (older) tunes sound top notch too

Mmmmmmmm ASC will be immense. Massive yes on Rockwell too.

Chase & Status More Than A lot as they got super famous from that album and nearly every track was on point to everyone.

As for the headphones I was like that at first with my Sennheiser's the sound was incredible but I soon went back to my distorted silly bassy sony headphones because dnb just sounds so much better slightly distorted as to beautifully clear, of course everyone is different.

Got a lot of time for that album. Haven't listened to it since way way way before taking an interest in production and decent audio. Excited for this one.

My ears are gonna be busy next week.

Genotype - Ritual Dance

Loxy & Resound - Burning Shadows

Naibu, Paradox albums for more drum-centric workouts

years ago i spent 500 on headphones
when i would only listen to stuff like this

but they've lasted and i only listen to dnb now
i quite like listening on headphones to need for mirrors zoltar releases because of the simplicity, separation..but
at the other end i like the deep complex stuff for headphones such as blocks & escher, Paradox,

but my favourite for headphone sound for some reason is sam kdc especially survive/erogenous...something about the crackle that makes it sound like vinyl even though I'm digital only ..and the veil/unveil series

anything with that low end bass in the background is good too. an example would be breakage love u so, or d bridge tradition

as for full album i would say you can't go wrong with exit mosaic vol 2 and fracture&neptune 10 years

its well worth listening to early dnb tracks on good headphones, origin unknown will sound like you remember it even if u had listened to it over radio in the past
also remasters like source direct crane, nasty habits shadow boxing

Well production-wise I'd have gone with Seba & Paradox Beats Me. It's the track programming that kills it for me and it was the 1st album I heard that was mixed start to finish. But I think this thread is more about mix downs right? Incredible sonic experiences for your new gear to emphasise:) in which case I agree that D&B is not always the best place to look. That's not a criticism of our genre- we don't need the stereo wide placement that other types of music need. But if Latin floats your boat check out John Pattatucci's Mistura Fina through a set of headphones and try not to weep!!!!

Halfway through With You and I think I'm in love. Glad to see there's a fair few releases to work my way through. Nice one!

Sonic perfection imo, plus the composition is off the bladdy scale! Glad you're feeling!

Rawtekk - Here's To Them.

Sound design on that whole LP is on another level.

Klute - Casual Bodies

sounds great on phones and imo one of the few dnb albums that totally works as an album, as opposed to a collection of tunes

Back
Top Bottom