Best places to buy wavs

Mish Mash

VIP Junglist
As much as I love the 12 inch black stuff I've pretty much decided to switch to traktor.

So I now want to get a ton of wavs!

I've seen www.digital-tunes.net do wavs for only about 88p! Has anyone used them before? I've filled my basket with about 200 tunes but I thought I'd ask before buying cos they're a lot cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. So I was thinking maybe they're dodgy vinyl rips or something like that.

I know I should've just bought 1 as a test but I don't want to have to remove all of them from my basket and then have to re-add them! Would take ages!

What other websites are there for getting wavs?

These are the ones I know of so far -

www.trackitdown.net (£1.75)

www.junodownload.com (£1.99)

www.beatport.com (£2.44!!!)

www.breakbeat.co.uk (£1.99)

I'm kind of wondering why digital-tunes.net is half the price of the others! If any of you have used it let me know if its all good or not.

Anyone know of any others that I've missed off?

buy flacs if you can, normally they are slightly cheaper, then just convert them to wavs.

I do buy from them but got stung the first time. As they charge in Euros I had to pay something like a £1.20 fee to pay on my card and I was only paying 99p for the tune. I pay through paypal now so don't get charged a conversion fee.

Just bought 12.5GB of wavs off digital tunes lol! They sound perfect but it took ages to sort them all in itunes

It's a sad day

Ye I know... I love the vinyl... but... there's just too many benefits to switching

I've already got loads of tunes that I've never been able to get on vinyl (see red, edtrafienical, distantia, far too close, colour wheel, painted smile, the mines, redemption perez remix, come alive rockwell remix...) either cos they never came out on vinyl or cos they're too expensive to get a decent copy off discogs. And this way I'll now have every tune available to me, if its vinyl only I can get the vinyl and rip it and if its digital only I can obviously get it.

Also I can now rip all my old tunes that are too slow to mix and speed them up digitally without the pitch going up so I can now mix tunes like quest and dark stranger.

Anyway ye I'm a dick

dude, you don't want to play vinyl rips trough dvs. it's lame and the sound quality is crap this way. also, ripping your collection would take thousands of years. what's wrong with playing your old tunes on vinyl trough traktor?

dude, you don't want to play vinyl rips trough dvs. it's lame and the sound quality is crap this way. also, ripping your collection would take thousands of years. what's wrong with playing your old tunes on vinyl trough traktor?

Nah the only tunes I'm gunna rip from vinyl are the ones that are vinyl only like alien girl and signs remix. All the ones that I can get digitally I will and ye I can't be bothered to rip all my tunes. Would take days of just sitting there and they still wouldn't sound as good.

12.5 gb... solid effort man.

it may be a sad day in terms of vinyl but it's also a cheaper and more practical load of days ahead of you.

hardtofind also does some mp3s from what i remember for pretty cheap

dude, you don't want to play vinyl rips trough dvs. it's lame and the sound quality is crap this way

Your doing it wrong then mate.
Sure the sound quality is not going to be as perfect but neither would recording a flac/wav then saving to flac. Pointless operation I know.

If your vinyl ripping is that bad you need to upgrade your carts and external soundcard.

well yes rips can sound really good, but they're still rips. i would never play something out other than vinyl or lossless digital. mp3-s only when lossless isn't available and then it has to be really good tune. of course no one would hear a difference in mp3 320 and flac, especially in a club, but for me knowing that i play a file where some information is lost, isn't acceptable. but i'm a bit of an audiophile too, so i guess i'm a minority.

Last edited:
dude wavs are cool but take up way to much room on a computer/laptop. you'll probably end up buying 12.5gb worth of shite a week since its so cheap compared to vinyl (well i remember going nuts on mp3's when i first got serato) not much difference on quality to the average ear, only anoraks will care that it doesnt sound like a wav.

i've got 2000+ dnb tunes on my laptop and i think its around 40gb. think how much memory you'll have to have on your laptop to have 2000 plus wav's...

Just sayin,

Welcome to the digital/vinyl party bro

Anyone know where you can get any of these on wav/mp3?

alien girl / cutslo remix
signs calibre remix
medicine remix
bass 2 dark
the pulse
the nine
planet dust
papua new guinea high contrast remix
nasty ways / I wanna know
special treat
stakka and skynet clockwork lp
kemal bleed

Otherwise I'll just have to record them from vinyl but it won't be as good as a proper wav

I'm sure there's loads more but thats all I can think of for now

How can cdj djs survive without these tunes!

Also once I've recorded them anyone can buy the recordings off me for £100000 per tune

A few more to add

all aboard
capone - fusion
watching windows (dj die gnarly mix)
fire and water
human nature remix
4 days
panties zero t remix
poor mans deal konflict remix
side effects

To be honest I've looked around quite a bit and I'm pretty sure all of these are vinyl only but I thought it was worth a shot...

Last edited:
Been using Digital tunes for a while now; they have a good selection of older bits that are decent quality, instead of some naff vinyl rips that get pedalled as 320s.

Back
Top Bottom