BEST PLACES FOR VINYL ONLINE??

Redeye Records, Chemical Records, Surus, Mirage 2000 Records, Juno, Nu-Urban Music, Dnbsource, list goes on

+ Discogs & ebay for rarer releases

Last edited:
Basically i use Redeye records for 90% of new releases, Chemical for exclusive bits and Discogs or Ebay to grab stuff i've slept on or can't get through the aforementioned.

Redeye's better than Chemical in my opinion. Faster delivery, better customer service and the website is nicer to browse.

its a tough call between chemical and redeye, they are both brilliant, with either store i can order new releases friday afternoon and get them delivered sat morning. redeye comes with free stickers yay, chemicals email notification is better.

all the others can do 1 and heres why imo

juno = ur too expensive, but honestly i think its the best website and customer service is swish if u should ever need it. they update the new releases a lil late tho and by them I've bagged from red or chem. also its harder to recycle their record mailers

imo records = customer service is on the poor side in my experience

bm soho - ok in store but online they don't actually appear to keep up with new releases

mirage - too many bad experiences with them, id be a fool to use again

intense - not a nice website and don't stock all the new releases, fine if you like it more mainstream and don't buy vinyl as regularly, but i think its slightly more expensive

nu - urban - fine but limited styles stocked, my works internet browser has trouble playing their audio clips

surus - brilliant website and stock earlier test presses. expensive tho

htfr - fisher price my first record shop

there are a few more but i haven't used them.

its a tough call between chemical and redeye, they are both brilliant, with either store i can order new releases friday afternoon and get them delivered sat morning. redeye comes with free stickers yay, chemicals email notification is better.

all the others can do 1 and heres why imo

juno = ur too expensive, but honestly i think its the best website and customer service is swish if u should ever need it. they update the new releases a lil late tho and by them I've bagged from red or chem. also its harder to recycle their record mailers

imo records = customer service is on the poor side in my experience

bm soho - ok in store but online they don't actually appear to keep up with new releases

mirage - too many bad experiences with them, id be a fool to use again

intense - not a nice website and don't stock all the new releases, fine if you like it more mainstream and don't buy vinyl as regularly, but i think its slightly more expensive

nu - urban - fine but limited styles stocked, my works internet browser has trouble playing their audio clips

surus - brilliant website and stock earlier test presses. expensive tho

htfr - fisher price my first record shop

there are a few more but i haven't used them.

I dont no whether to agree or say thats one way of killing off some good record shops.

I dont no whether to agree or say thats one way of killing off some good record shops.
yeah, don't get me wrong tho, i have a lot of respect for almost all record shops, especially in todays economy and digital era

those are just my opinions / experiences of the other shops I've used as a consumer. they need to step their game up if they want to compete. you can't deny redeye and chemical's significance. thats why so many people swear by them.

mail order is great, but you can beat going in store, wish there was more local to me

Yeah chemical or redeye are the best. I hate the player on chemical, everything sounds like its been ripped of youtube, whereas redeyes sounds normal.

Purely for that reason I use redeye, and maybe for some stickers too lol

What most people of said, I get mine from Chemical and/or Red Eye, depending on their stock, but Surus is brilliant for promos and test presses so I keep my eyes peeled there as they stock a lot of my favourite labels with loads of exclusive bits.

I miss Kaizen :(

They gave brilliant service and often had "50% off everything" sales. But I guess the reason for those sales is because they were struggling so much to compete with chemical and redeye.

Redeye over chemical for me, i can't stand those stickers they put on every record as well as redeye being an over all more friendly service.

Back
Top Bottom