DnB Best Of 2011 Part 2 (Amens, Rolls & Stomps)

Fallen.GeMiNi

3rd rate banger merchant
VIP Junglist
So after few weeks of putting up the tracklist, re-recording and fighting with fucked up soundcloud uploading here comes the second part. Starting where I've ended the first one, this part is also trying to include and fuse multiple sub-genres to build up as consistent mix as possible. Again there are a few slips every now and then but I hope it won't spoil the listening experience.

Feedback is - as always - highly appreciated, especially the one focused on whole mixing and EQ issues. So feel free to listen, download, share & comment. And once again big up for your possitive feedback on the first part! :) (y)

2011bn.jpg

2011bn.jpg
© 2011 KidWithGun

Tracklist:

Loadstar - Hit The Ground [RAM]
John B feat. Shaz Sparks - Red Sky (Smooth & Subsonik Remix) [Beta]
Trei & L.A.O.S. - The Light [Viper VIP]
Sigma - Loving Me (Filthy Edit) [Life]
High Contrast - If We Ever VIP [Hospital]
Chase & Status feat. Liam Bailey - Blind Faith (Loadstar Remix) [RAM]
Hybris - Of Two Minds [Invisible]
Rido feat. Thomas Oliver - Twisted [Metalheadz]
Basher feat. Xtrah & Tactical Thinking - Scripture [RAM]
Foreign Concept - Mob Justice [Critical]
>> Rido & Hybris - Memento [Metalheadz]
Fierce & Vicious Circle - Section VIP [Quarantine]
>> Dub Phizix & Skeptical feat. Strategy - Marka [Exit]
DJ Nut Nut - Special Dedication (Sigma Remix) [Streetlife]
>> D*Minds - Visions [Hospital]
Sato - Clap Ya Hands [Symmetry]
>> Friction - Flip The Page [Shogun Audio]
N3GUS - Fill Yer Boots [Hospital]
Phace - Freedom Of Filth [Critical]
Basher - Androids [RAM]
Xtrah - Contortion [Subtitles UK]
Hive - Blackout [RAM]
Foreign Concept & Bringa - Cemetery [Shogun Audio]
Wilkinson - Refugee [RAM]
Smooth - Calling [Metro-Viper]
Tantrum Desire - Higher [Worldwide Audio]
Smooth - Want It [Viper]
Sub Focus - Stomp [RAM]
TC - Tap Ho [Don't Play]

Stream Link:

http://www.mixcloud.com/fallengemini/amens-rolls-stomps/
(no Soundcloud this time, sorry for that, but no matter what I've tried it just won't finish the upload or transcoding process)

DL Link:

http://dnbshare.com/download/Best_Of_2011_Part_2_Amens_Rolls_Stomps_-2.mp3.html

Last edited:
Yes mate listened to this albeit on laptop speakers the other and was wicked man, think i prefer the first one though man. The first one is on cd in the car the moment an I'll give you some decent feedback soon man, ill get the second one burnt and listen to it through the week. Mines up now if you wanna a listen

Yes man, just spotted it, gonna give it a whirl now. And thanks! Yeah I was really happy about the first one though I feel like I've nailed this one better in terms of mixing and overall flow :D

listening now mate, slowly trying to listen to all the comp mixes, shall try and feedback soonish.

Very nice mix mate... intro was big, set the tone for the rest of the mix - really high energy stuff. Next mix worked well too, nice little switch. Wasn't too keen on the next few tracks (loving me to blind faith), well mixed but not really for me. Having said that, you managed to get so many different styles in here that there are going to be parts I don't feel as much but others will do, nothing wrong with that. Mob Justice >> Memento > Section VIP >> Marka, Loved this section rolled along really well, it is impressive the way you go through different sub genres and manage to make them work together. Also really liked the section from clap your hands to cemetery, I thought you could have made flip the page a little louder was a good mix but was expecting it to have a bigger impact when it dropped. Liked the next mix, they both sat together very nicely. Then the mix with freedom of filth was sick! would not have put these two together but it sounded great.

Beat matching was pretty much faultless the entire mix, very impressive stuff and all the levels and EQing were spot on too. My only small criticism mixing wise would be a few times you had some vocals overlapping in the build ups but other than that it was all good! so yeah wicked mix mate, enjoyed it a lot big ups.

Thanks mate, it was kinda my goal trying to basically take in a bit of everything and it seems like it worked for you, so cheers! And yeah, sorry about those vocal clashes, I was trying to avoid them as much as possible as I'm not a fan of this happening in the mix as well. You may be also right about that Flip The Page tease, I wasn't too sure about it so I rather kept it in the background. I'm slowly getting through all those best of 2011 mixes too, so I shall listen to yours finally in a few days and report back with some proper feedback :)

Getting on this.

Digging the artwork, Gem, as a fellow mix-art-enthusiast.

Back
Top Bottom