Best of 2011 mix featuring Enei, Rockwell, Commix, Kasra, Icicle etc.

Wow thanks mate, the level of detail in your feedback is incredible! you have picked up on pretty much everything, and i couldn't agree more with what you said. In response to some of your points... Glad you liked the intro, took a while to get right but I wanted to have something interesting in there. In terms of selection it was harder than I thought it would be to decide on tracks, bit of a compromise between stuff that sounded good together and tracks that should be in there. looking back the btkrsh to amboss section sounds a little forced in, was trying to make it a bit more diverse but it would have sounded better sticking to what worked well in the rest of the mix. Seems the simpler cleaner mixes work well so will try out a few more of those rather than always trying to line up doubles. a good point i hadn't thought about was how well the breakdown and intro of the next track work together leading up to the drop. I'll definitely look into getting a soundcard, i used audacity to record this but will have a look round for some tips to get better quality.

So yeah thanks again, so much to take away from this and quite a lot of simple things that will be easy to do but have big impact. Big ups!!

Right then mate here we go:

Enei - One Chance
>> Alix Perez - Exemption > nice like how you bought exemption then back into one chance worked well nice.
Phace & Rockwell - No! > out of nowhere! wasn't expectin 3 wheels! sounded great man. No! sounded a bit quiet when you took it out bit abruptly could of blended it out better i reckon but i also struggle with this! Sick mix though nice eq.
Basher - Androids > one of the best tracks off the album bought in swishly didnt think you were gna double drop came in sick again nice mix, the exit was sound as well.
Foreign Concept & Kasra - Show You > Again mate very nice, like mixes like this, making a gritty tune sound less gritty if you know what i mean, eq spot on nice exit.
Marcus Intalex - Stark > yeh again mate very good
Seba & Physics - Before I can Breath > yeh even better
Skeptical - Blue Eyes > very nice indeed
Marcus Intalex - Virgo > buff tune wasn't aware of this one, smooth mix.
Amoss - Secondary > Yeh again man nice mix things just got a bit darker :)
Icicle - Dreadnaught > Yeh good mix just not a massive fan of dreadnaught.
Enei - Stonehead > Although this mix did have me boppin a little.
Skeptical - Catch 22 > Fantastic
Vicious Circle & Nocturnal - Last Chance Saloon > not bad, wish i could have fitted this tune in mine i fucking bum it
Octance , DLR & Safire - Peel Street > nice man again wasnt familiar with this tune
Amoss - Footloose > big
S.P.Y & Kasra - Surface > 2011 classic, executed with mad skillz
Vicious Circle & Jubei - Deliberate > very good, nice exit
Amoss - Astrodome > yeh ok
Commix - Double Double > personal fav cool mix
Rockwell - Btkrsh > yeh ok
Sub Zero - Poon > out of nowhere, think i preferred the mix with the bass on poon tbh but nice blend none the less man
Sub Focus - Stomp > cool done this one myself i think before
Phace - Freedom of Filth > love this tune, not a bad mix technically at all just i wouldnt have put these two together, workerd well though sir, guess this is whats its all about mayn!
Misanthrop - Amboss > can not believe i did stikc this tune in think its probably become my favourite off the energy ep, phat blend freedom of filth eqd nicely.
Enei - Obsession > loved the way the lyrics when with amboss womps! nice find geez.
Vicious Circle & Jubei - Cloak & Dagger > good mix man, likin how you showed two different sides to obsession.
Jubei & Kasra - The Rift > yeh ok
>> Foreign Concept & Bringa - Cemetery > bad as in good
Commix - City Section > nice goin deepa
Sub Zero - Brighter Days > very good
Technicolour & Komatic - Changling > finished off with a tune i havent heard but an awesome mix mate

Overall man beatmatching was sound as a pound, eqing was top notch you've stepped it up, selection was great massive fan of most of those tunes. Big up yourself man, sick mix.

Just given this a listen the whole way through, I only had it on in the background so I can't remember all the good bits but I remember the stonehead >>> catch 22 mix being huge! and that whole section for about 10 mins from then was straight rolling too! Really good mixing and tight beatmatching especially if you're new on 3 decks! I'll deffo give this a better listen tomorrow

Overall man beatmatching was sound as a pound, eqing was top notch you've stepped it up, selection was great massive fan of most of those tunes. Big up yourself man, sick mix.

Yes t34se you legend! You are too kind, but I am glad you enjoyed it, stuff like this makes it worth it. It must have taken some time to listen to each individual mix, really appreciate it mate. I will be checking your mix out soon, had a quick skim through and it sounded sick, good to see your on 3 decks too. Will try to give you some feedback as detailed as this as well.

Just given this a listen the whole way through, I only had it on in the background so I can't remember all the good bits but I remember the stonehead >>> catch 22 mix being huge! and that whole section for about 10 mins from then was straight rolling too! Really good mixing and tight beatmatching especially if you're new on 3 decks! I'll deffo give this a better listen tomorrow

Nice one mate, thank you for the kind words! Hope you enjoy it second time round. Your new years mix looks huge, will give it a proper listen soon... so many good mixes have been posted recently I got a quite a few to get through.

Feedback time as I've promised!

Exemption - oh man, proper sick intro, nice job echoing that vocal sample on One Chance, what a great way to start a mix
No! - and fast switch, me likey! would go nuts for such an intro on the dancefloor
Androids - wicked blend, would have EQ it a bit differently though, I had a feeling that there's too much going on after the drop
Show You - sounded really awesome on the drop, my little problem here were drums over breakdown
Stark - interesting and a little strange sounding but I liked it a lot!
Before I Can Breath - came in a little bit too loud, overtaking the whole mix, but sounded really cool later
Blue Eyes - lovely. I was hesitating whether I should bag this tune, now I know I have to
Virgo - pure sex, maybe a bit louder than necessary, but overall this mix sounded really awesome
Secondary - nailed it, changing the mood nicely
Dreadnaught - brought in nicely, you've fixed that volume drop quickly, so it was all good
Stonehead - those vocals were clashing on the first beats of phrases too much, drums and basslines works together well though
Catch 22 - skanky. really digged this one
Last Chance Saloon - I swear I heard it coming :D absolutely nailed it, probably the best blend so far
Peel Street - first time I heard this tune, instabag business, cool mix!
Footloose - oh man! that's too much for me to handle, impossible not to jump to this one :D
Surface - calming it down a little, spot on
Deliberate - getting back on track, really nice switch
Astrodome - proper rolling, sounding great, whole section from Catch 22 is banging
Double Double - for some reason I don't really like this tune
BTKRSH - didn't like it very much to be honest
Poon - never tried this myself, sounding very good, again would have EQ it a little bit differently, seems to me there's too much mids and highs
Stomp - been dropping this one myself, nice blend
Freedom Of Filth - came in too loud, sounded wicked on the drop though!
Amboss - bass on that intro just needs to be turned up, tried many mixes with this tune since I absolutely dig it and there's no way it's gonna sound as good with bass turned down. anyways wicked mix mate
Obsession - brought in nicely, needs some level boosting though, overall volume dropped down too much after bringing Amboss out of the mix
Cloak & Dagger - yeah nice
The Rift - a lil bit too loud on the drop, nice mix though, worked lovely together!
Cemetery - wow, never thought of trying those two together myself, worked surprisingly well! would boost Cemetary's mid a bit though for those vocals to poke through a lil bit more
City Section - my all time favourite tune, maybe too calm to fit in this, brought in nicely though
Brighter Days - didn't like those vocals and melodies blending, those bass tones on the first beats (I'm sure you know what I mean) were fucking amazing together though
Changeling - wow! loved this mix, those drums created interesting feeling to this blend. very nice way to end this

Beatmatching was top notch, selection pure fiya, some of those blends were really serious...I have to admit I really loved this mix. EQ'ing was also spot on most of the time, just beware of overall volume of the mix dropping or increasing too much (it sometimes gives me hell too). So big ups mate, you've nailed this one!

Beatmatching was top notch, selection pure fiya, some of those blends were really serious...I have to admit I really loved this mix. EQ'ing was also spot on most of the time, just beware of overall volume of the mix dropping or increasing too much (it sometimes gives me hell too). So big ups mate, you've nailed this one!

Nice one mate! All this in depth feedback is really helpful. You clearly know your stuff and I agree with all your points. Sorting out the levels is definitely something I need to work on, being new to 3 decks most of my attention was focused on keeping the tracks in time and so I wasn't thinking about the levels as much in points but I guess I just need to practice some more until I'm used to it. And yes you should get yourself a copy of blue eyes! whole ep is sick. Glad you liked the mix man and big ups again for the amazing feedback, it makes improving a whole lot easier.

Proper nice mix, sounded pretty tight for your frist 3 deck aswell!

Cheers Matt, thanks for favouriting on SC too.

Back
Top Bottom