Best Neurofunk In the last year or so?

TheSecretRaver

Was just wondering what neuro people are listening to or playing in their sets? what is simply huge atm? For example I'm loving mefjus & neonlight

This was released very recently, very good tune

it is a good tune, wouldn't call it neurofunk though.

saying that, most of the artists people have posted in here i wouldn't consider neurofunk either (only a select few have really nailed the sound imo)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that Eastcolours bit definitely isn't, but considering that Ed Rush and Optical are supposedly the start of neurofunk, what makes them more neuro than BTK, Mefjus or Audio?

The Saga Continues, Wu tang... Wu tang...

Yeah that Eastcolours bit definitely isn't, but considering that Ed Rush and Optical are supposedly the start of neurofunk, what makes them more neuro than BTK, Mefjus or Audio?

ed rush and optical paved the way for that techy sound, but i still wouldn't call them neurofunk.

neurofunk = brain funk

it should do something to your head that shouldn't be possible with sound. There's complex techy stuff, and then there's neuro. I'm not stating this as fact, it's just my take on it

the guys who've nailed it IMO:
noisia (even though they wouldn't call their music neurofunk)
phace
billain

more will come i'm sure of it

AGAIN, I AM NOT THE DECIDING AUTHORITY ON NEUROFUNK, THIS IS JUST MY VIEW ON IT

The Imperial EP from Noisia was big, Emperor had big tunes (Monolith, Smokescreen),Billain (Total Darkness, Batbots), Mefjus, Maztek (Galactica, Limber)
and the upcoming The Upbeats LP is gonna be murder too

ed rush and optical paved the way for that techy sound, but i still wouldn't call them neurofunk.

neurofunk = brain funk

it should do something to your head that shouldn't be possible with sound. There's complex techy stuff, and then there's neuro. I'm not stating this as fact, it's just my take on it

the guys who've nailed it IMO:
noisia (even though they wouldn't call their music neurofunk)
phace
billain

I agree. I would add Mefjus and Jade into that though. To be honest I think Mefjus sounds like old Phace & Misanthrop.

Definitely wouldn't put Audio or Optiv & BTK in with the Neuro crowd. They're more Techy.

opinions eh,

optiv was making neuro with c4c before noisia and phace were even conceived!!

They might have re-defined it but it existed before them and so should include artists who dont sound like phace and noisia

This is such a brilliant example of an anal drum and bass argument i love it haah.

Heres a good question, If Ed rush and Optical are the original definition of Neuro, then who sounds more like them.... Billain or Audio?

OR one could argue that words change in definition over time. Thus Hedrush and Hoptical are no longer neuro... hmm real head scratcher

Last edited:
God i Feel like a Cunt hahaha

I see exactly where you guys are coming from and everything!

I need to go get some fresh air and think about what I've done.

CONCLUSION : SUB GENRES ARE FUCKING GAY.

Last edited:
it's clear for me.
BSE's new album From the Shadows was fckin amazing and it still is, but I really can't forget my old good favorite Audio or for example Mefjus ;)

Back
Top Bottom