Best Neurofunk In the last year or so?

idno, neurofunk nowadays is pretty weak. audio's latest album? optiv & btk'? really? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My man above me knows the deal. Sinthetix = pinnacle of neurofunk.

Fuckin' SAY WHAT

lol neurofunk nowadays weak, been sleeping under a rock?

That said, the definition of neurofunk is sloppy and there are a gazillion tunes that could be classified as this

ps: Billain wins this one, (Emperor, Mefjus, Noisia, The Upbeats, Phace & Misanthrop, Fourward, Maztek, Enei, BSE are all good and I forgot a lot of them)

The way I see drum and bass is 3 main categories. Traditional jump up chew your face off kind, e.g. hazard, macky gee, nu elementz etc. But nowadays there is a lot of what people call jump up but more "new-school" ahh fuck I am already making subgenres out of subgenres. You know what, I'll just stop here actually. If it's got that drum and bass beat, then its fucking drum and bass!

But to answer the question I have been liking Mob Tactics releases over the past year or so, check out

lol neurofunk nowadays weak, been sleeping under a rock?

That said, the definition of neurofunk is sloppy and there are a gazillion tunes that could be classified as this

ps: Billain wins this one, (Emperor, Mefjus, Noisia, The Upbeats, Phace & Misanthrop, Fourward, Maztek, Enei, BSE are all good and I forgot a lot of them)

well if you think enei and emperor make neurofunk, then i have nothing more to say.

i'd say this is pretty neuro

yeah well maybe. it's all just a matter of opinion, it's pretty difficult to separate tech from neuro anyway.... but still i wouldn't consider emperor a neurofunk producer just because couple of his tunes are maybe neurofunk. for example when cyantific would make a neuro tune, he wouldn't be right away in the neuro producers (imaginary) list.

someone on doa:

"i would say that all neurofunk is techstep, but not all techstep is neurofunk."

"I always considered neurofunk to be the funkier, rolling and deeper techstep tunes with an elektro feel that came out around 2000, 2001 definately NOT noisia as all the guys say."
i think neuro around 2000 was stronger than it's today. tech is on the other hand is pretty strong.

Hate the term Neurofunk it should be banned. Anyway ive always had a passion for some good Tech drum and bass.

Absolute Monster

[video=youtube_share;SkJ3xb9V3sY]http://youtu.be/SkJ3xb9V3sY[/video]

Recently I would say the new audio LP, black sun empire lp & the Martian chronicles lp

Yes! Forgot about that one. After a first listen was only really blown away by Stardust but since then I keep hearing various tunes from the LP popping up in different mixes and having to hunt the IDs cus they are sick!

Back
Top Bottom