Best needles for acetate?

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
I'm looking to get a needle to audition acetates, i want the best quality play back quality/detail possible, without to much wear on the plate, any suggestions? seen a few, but the threads are a bit old and I'm wondering if theres better options out there now - acetates wont be played more than a couple of times in studio before being archived, and i'd like to keep them as close to original quality as possible when they are stored

I'd say spherical over elliptical needles as theres less wear to the record due to the shape...much beyond that though... :shrug:

if your just "playing them" and by that i mean carefully, not scratching or cueing very much if at all, then get elliptical ones. Sound quality will be better. They won't damage the record from only a few plays. As for suggestions, no idea to be honest. I have a shure one just for recording vinyls. No idea what the model is. I would ask the person cutting the records or a audiophile forum.

i suspect every opinion I get will conflict with every other one, and going on audiophile websites will just complicate it haha I've already emailed a fair few companies that specialize in record players, but no definitive answer - will try the mastering studio!

Back
Top Bottom