BEST MONITORS FOR AROUND £350?

My housemate had a pair of these which I like a lot, very good midrange reproduction.

When it comes to monitors it's always best to demo them for yourself coz a monitor sound I like may be very different from the one you like

Hi there, there are so many monitors to choose from, as mentioned really is worth trying to get ain a half decent shop and having a listen, take some material you know and take your time.

If you can at all stretch budget or wait till you afford Dynaudio Acoustics models do so
as they will kill anythign around £350.00 and they will last you for years on end, sometimes best value is not at the lowest budget or cheapest.

SafeandSound Mastering
online mastering
cd mastering

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

Hi there, there are so many monitors to choose from, as mentioned really is worth trying to get ain a half decent shop and having a listen, take some material you know and take your time.

If you can at all stretch budget or wait till you afford Dynaudio Acoustics models do so
as they will kill anythign around £350.00 and they will last you for years on end, sometimes best value is not at the lowest budget or cheapest.

SafeandSound Mastering
cd mastering

I've always been told to avoid the KRK's due to them colouring a lot of the midrange and not giving a true representation of the sound.

I personally went for the Yamaha HS80m's and I'm glad I did; they're in that price range and have 8" woofers, which are decent enough for sub bass - a handy thing when producing sub heavy genres like DnB and dubstep! :)

see if you can get some second hand adam A7s, i paid £420 for mine so may have to stretch a bit but well worth the money

i wanna get some krks but not sure if i want the 8s or 6s mmmm decisions decisions. Need to mix with em mainly though

i'm also just about to buy a pair of monitors, have narrowed the search down to Yamaha MSP5's, HS80's or Mackie MR8 Mk2 (not shipping until may), anyone have any experience with any of these? or shall i wait for the MR8 mk2?

i would defiantly go for the 8s. if you're using them mainly for mixing, you may find that there isn't enough bass on the 6s. my mate got the 6s but then decided there wasn't enough bass and then shelled out on a krk sub. when i got my 8s a few weeks ago he had a go on then and said he wished that he would have just gone for the 8s in the first place

lol all wrong all bout the mackies!

you cant get big in the game unless u get mackies eh... naaa dont matter what u use aslong as you know how the sound will carry over to other speakers and club setups etc.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

mackies are great tho

tempted towards mackie mr8 (mk1), anyone got these?

i think my mate has these ones .. they sound good man for sure

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

but if you possibly can its really worth trying to give them a test run before u buy

Back
Top Bottom