Best Monitor Stands...Ever.

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Picked up a pair of these bad boys and I can honestly say they have made quite a difference. Love em and though I'd share.

ISOL8R155-xlarge.jpg

Cheers.

Indeed sir the same ones...I wish I would have gotten these from purchasing a pair a77x's lol. Sexy monitors indeed, but I digress.

I've got the stands holding my KRK 6's and the difference is quite huge: better stereo image, better low end response (especially with kick and low freq/ percussion). I have them sitting directly on my desk and set to a height/angle which hits my ears perfectly. The proverbial "sweet spot" is easy to obtain.

To be honest, I had thought about selling my KRK's because they constantly fatigued my ears and any time would audition certain samples/sounds (ex. kicks), they would always sounded so lifeless and flat. I ditched the mopads for these stands and have no plans on going back. I hate to shill so hard, but these stands are, to put it bluntly, the tits.

Cheers.

Would you say it's worth spending the money on a decent set of stands even in a pretty shitty room?

I'll say this: my basement dungeon studio sucks in terms of sound treatment. However, I think that the biggest obstacle I had (and didn't realize) was that the shitty shelf attached to my desk that held the monitors was generating LF resonances and other frequency trash that was affecting what I was hearing. Because of the stands ability to "float" the speakers and due to the fact that the KRK's are nearfield monitors, I can now have the speakers closer together enabling me to create an equal listening distance/position and free of any interface caused by contact with physical objects/surfaces. To add, the height is set so that the tweeters are in-line with my ears. So even though my room isn't tops in terms of sound treatment, I've still been able to tell an immense difference when listening and A/Bing with "pro" tracks.

I would say they're worth the money. And in the event you find that you're not impressed with them, you can always return them without any problems. I doubt you will though. :)

OH DAMN they look sexy as hell! I got some rokit 6's and I'm in need of some decent stands! How much are these bad boys?

$99 (USD) for a pair of medium stands that fit the rockit 6's like a glove (I have the same monitors). At first I thought I'd be throwing the money away...but purchasing these bad boys was a worthwhile investment that has breathed new life into my rokits.

- - - Updated - - -

Do they also come with a pair of A7X's?
Debating getting them soon o:

BOOM! http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/adam-a7x-studio-monitoring-bundle.html

they are cheap ass plastic and you can buy them on ebay for £10, no anti vibration gel pads or spikes or foam inside the tubes to soft the bass

- - - Updated - - -

they are cheap ass plastic and you can buy them on ebay for £10, no anti vibration gel pads or spikes or foam inside the tubes to soft the bass

- - - Updated - - -

u what mate? maybe because you got yours off ebay fo 10 quid? They go pretty good, if you're buying monitors try and get some thrown in cheap with the deal

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps before bashing a product you should take the time to purchase it or have some hands-on time with it. As such, you would realize that the only "plastic" components are the top and bottom, which was probably done intentionally as to prevent any possible audible issues with regards to resonance or other noise that may be introduced from the metal being in close proximity with the monitor or the surface which the stands rest upon. Furthermore, the rods the hold the top and bottom pieces are not plastic, they're indeed metal but are attenuated due to the snug fitting rubber inserts the fit into. This provides the stability needed for the weight of the monitor. My monitors are now placed at the perfect height and quite frankly, this is one of the best purchases I've made in quite sometime as it has breathed a bit of life into my monitors and has greatly improved the bass response and stereo image.

Back
Top Bottom