Best midi keyboard for €100 - €200 price range?

Yeah logic has a learn midi option but doesn't work with the play pause etc functions for whatever reason.

Don't go for the midi learn function, go into the key commands menu to set up your transport controls. There will be a midi learn button in this menu for you to get stuff done easily so you don't have to fuss with those confusing midi numbers. The menu is worth taking a look at regardless, you might learn a few useful shortcuts (by far the most useful I've come across is pressing the ESC key in the sequencer/piano roll views.)

Yeah logic has a learn midi option but doesn't work with the play pause etc functions for whatever reason.

Hmm thats strange....With Ableton it really is simple, and I didnt even have to midi sync those controls because the oxygen 25 has automapping! It done everything for me. The only controls I have to map manually are the 8 dials on it, which I tend to use for filter cutoffs and stuff

Yeah it was plug and play in regards to the piano keys, master volume slider and mod/pitch wheels. It's just the play pause etc that aren't set up. not the end of the world. Just a shame.

as far as i know it's something to do with something called MMC, midi machine control. but i've no luck finding out how to go about setting that up in Cubase. Pro tools seems to be the only one.

uh how do i make it work with ableton?

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

nevermind found it

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

whats up with this latency though? when i push buttons the actions happen like a second later so playing the keys is really hard

That'll be down to your pc/laptops mate. You using an interface or onboard soundcard?

uh how do i make it work with ableton?

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

nevermind found it

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

whats up with this latency though? when i push buttons the actions happen like a second later so playing the keys is really hard

Yeah like elmaruk said, thats a problem with your cpu, nothing to do with the midi controller.

Pot is short for potentiometer haha, and I have found the 49 key one that alesis are making at the moment to be a very good addition to my setup, nice and responsive, with pads too, very well put together!

Forgot I had this bookmarked, I remember someone was having trouble setting up stuff in Logic this should help. Other useful stuff there too if you need it, probably find other DAWs if you were to poke around.

Helpful M-Audio thread

Back
Top Bottom