Best method of fixing technics pitch control...

Nope, that would require soldering.

This is what you want if soldering isnt your thing

$T2eC16VHJGoE9nuQffD0BRYupRO6EQ~~60_35.JPG

ok i see, cheers mate. having a look online and can't see any with the circuit board attached for sale, you reckon the one i have is the problem here? or something else. such a noob

ok i see, cheers mate. having a look online and can't see any with the circuit board attached for sale, you reckon the one i have is the problem here? or something else. such a noob

I personally don't reckon its the pitch/circuit board. Like I said in my previous posts I think there is knob/screw you can twist in the pitch that changes the %.

The only reason me and Forau are saying about the circuit board etc is if you wanted to replace the whole pitch yourself, makes it easier and stops all that dodgy fiddly soldering.

Anyway this is an easy fix mang trust me.

I personally don't reckon its the pitch/circuit board. Like I said in my previous posts I think there is knob/screw you can twist in the pitch that changes the %.

Yep, as far as i remember theres a little potentiometer that you insert a screwdriver into and turn to change.

Best bet is to put pitch to 0, if the dots by the strobe are moving when pitch is on 0, turn the potentiometer, stick the platter back on and test again. Repeat until its back to normal.

This guy:
http://youtu.be/L-NcdnCL41Y

Viper frank is a legend, he's done a video on pretty much anything you'd like to do DIY to your techs.
I was also nervy about pissing around with my beloved decks but after watching I've calibrated my pitches, serviced and installed full under platter & fader lighting and theyre still as good as ever :)

The only reason me and Forau are saying about the circuit board etc is if you wanted to replace the whole pitch yourself, makes it easier and stops all that dodgy fiddly soldering.

Anyway this is an easy fix mang trust me.

right so i've just dismantled my deck, found the circuit board. there's no screw here! nothing to turn to adjust the pitch, the tiny metal casings just fell off as i opened it up so obviously whoever owned it before has taken the screw out. so i reckon i'm stuck with the pitch i have or buy a brand new one. but at least i know it really isnt difficult taking it apart to fix, bought a multi meter for it as per this video's instructions

very handy that if anyone's looking to do the same

- - - Updated - - -

edit: howitzer i hadn't noticed your post before, great videos arent they

Last edited by a moderator:
actually its not the pitch board at all, it was that little blue box as shown in the video above. little bit of tweaking and it's done. magic!

actually its not the pitch board at all, it was that little blue box as shown in the video above. little bit of tweaking and it's done. magic!

Didnt actually see this before! glad everything is working well now - Smith b2b must be soon in the making!

yes mate! looking forward to rummaging through a beast vinyl collection that isn't my own. mine isn't beast but you know what i mean

thread revival....

I've got a replacement pitch with the PCB and circuit board so shouldnt need to do any soldering to replace it. I've opened the deck up and im blagged as to where I plug the PCB in (the white thing with the cables from the pitch go into...I think thats what its called) into the rest of the deck. The wires from the original pitch just run into the deck somewhere inside the casing.

nevermind figured it out

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom