Best Liquid artists of recent.

really? not liquid??

Its not quite liquid no! Some people on here refer to him, Break etc as 'Icestep'. Because that deep, well produced rolling drum and bass doesn't really have a name. I think Icesteps a pretty good name for it (y) And because its my favourite genre, its nice to be able to refer to it in a word.

Isn't neurofunk darker and harsher?

Icestep I consider to be minimalistic rolling d&b, not usually that dark and ugly sounding.

dustek really needs to update that wiki atricle with an icestep section.
it'd be brilliant if we could actually influence the name of a some what emerging subgenre in dnb........

Metrik - Technicolour / Zero Gravity

not quite liquid i no but this liquid / dancefloor hybrid has had my spine tingling for a few weeks now with its euphoricness!

I heard that melonie tune by alix perez (thers a thread about it) and this puts him in my list. Probs the best liquid tune since why would you - zero t IMO. Maybe better. Maybe the best of the year.
Ever.

i dont feel alix perez's tunes tht much, i think theyre well produced and i can see y mans like em but its not what i wud play nor buy. sfe

dont ice and liquid mix easily? i always find time to double drop some break with brookes brothers etc etc

I'd heard Icestep mentioned before I joined here. Dunno where though.

As for liquid I'm liking Bachelors Of Science, Mutt, L.A.O.S., Contour and Blame right now

Mutt, Zero T, Alix Perez, Spectrasoul, lenzman, random movement etc

Gotta love the crunchy ice step vibe tho. The most advanced style of drum and bass for sure. Break, icicle and others are way ahead of the pack and set an example.

Back
Top Bottom