Best labels of 2010

don't take it so personal, wayne. i just don't think they're releasing music that's as good as what they've released in the past, that's all.

in terms of this thread, i guess you could say they've been one of the biggest labels of this year but purely because they release the tunes that andy c plays and in that respect, they're always gonna be one of the biggest labels. but just because they might be the BIGGEST label in drum and bass, doesn't mean i should think they've had the biggest year. to me the biggest labels are gonna be the ones i've bought the most the most records from.

Wasnt taking it personal. It was a question.

In all honesty this can definitely be put down to taste - I'm sure safety will admit that in this case he might have a slightly strange opinion (though an opinion nonetheless). Can't think of a single d&b head I've met who doesn't like Gridlock remix, but there we go, that's the beauty of individuality! :D

I want to know what the hell was the deal with that Prototypes signing. Presumably they have some good tracks that are totally under wraps or it wouldn't have happened, but it boggles my mind as to why Friction would make such a song and dance about it and not even announce so much as a single. Do they even have any dubs doing the rounds? :confused:

edit: yeah, nothing announced 2 and a half months later. Haha.

It's simple. Good friends.. Am fairly good mates with Nick (Prototypes) Ex

.. Also what Wayne has been saying!

It's simple. Good friends.. Am fairly good mates with Nick (Prototypes) Ex

.. Also what Wayne has been saying!

So, er, what's the answer? Is there good stuff forthcoming in the pipeline? More interesting stuff than Cascade and less horrendous than Work It?

then in answer to your question, the last release i liked was contra. i bought it, i played it and it meant something to me...

Slight side note, Contra needs to make a comeback. Big tune.

Last edited:
I'm gonna name 3 coz i can

1) Dispatch
2) Renegade Hardware
3) Critical

**Shogun hasn't made my list coz they go in strong then they release shite like that Camo & Krooked Tune.

Back
Top Bottom