Best Keyboard?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23164
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23164

which is the best for .. hm.. everything?

my g.f is a singer/song writer and shes looking for something that does the whole shebang.

Roland or Korg? or i dunno?

any advise would be good.

her sound is, amywinehouse b2b lana del ray

heyyyy my man! yes indeed, and once you start using a midi controller keyboard, it is impossible to do without. for real man, know that. two octaves is really quite doable, make sure it has like 6 knobs and some drum pads too, possibly faders. faders are nice to hook up to the faders and then do your mixdown with your hands instead of the mouse. doesnt sound like much but it is, its really a thing. so i am a huge fan of e-mu products, and really like the x-board. this is a very personal thing, and it is not necessarily the best choice for you what with being a noob and all. but dont get any of those mini things, get the full size keys. its just better. you dont have to get weighed keys, the plasticy ones are fine. but get the good size keys and a reasonable amount of octaves. which leads me to m-audio gear. its good gear for really cheap. this guy is 169 pounds http://www.amazon.com/Novation-Laun...th-weighted/dp/B00B9QONQQ?tag=audiowebazon-20 just an example off the top of my head. i wouldnt want to spend more than 100 eur so this guy is looking like my boyfriend http://www.thomann.de/nl/arturia_mi...origin=boost&gclid=CKephPOlp8kCFUS4GwodkngNAA

this one is looking a tad too squashed together, like i said, i want the keys to be nice and full body size, the mini keys are not conductive for creativity imo
http://www.thomann.de/nl/akai_mpk_mini_mk2.htm?sid=5f630d628abfe75fee2ec0b76d74f312

this one looks kind of nice, but i would like faders, and its a tad too expxensive.
http://www.thomann.de/nl/novation_impulse_25.htm

whats your price range? and what genre are you going to be producing masterworks in? and what programs?

id say the emu x-board 48 actually. might be hard to find, since they dont make them any more, but they are groovy. its like my acoustic guitar, its this really obtuse shaped guitar from spain, its really rigid, oak plank, that doesnt feel comfy to play at all when you first try it, but once you get into it, its the only guitar.

A legit piano/keyboard is one of the Nord Stage series.

(The Nord Stage 3 just came out, so Nord Stage 2-pianos are a bit more low priced atm!)

It also has a beatiful look. Also has a beatiful soundbank included (sounds great with live performing).

11998405_10207582351465561_479646859_n.jpg

Yo man, it's not mine tho. It's from a close friend of me, he bought it for live performances! (He plays in a local band, pays pretty good). I am just borrowing his stuff sometimes to jam on :)

And its actually the 88-keys :V

nice one guys xx :2thumbs:

whats your price range? and what genre are you going to be producing masterworks in? and what programs?.
$500 ? should be able to get something pretty awesome with that?? genre.. jazzy/amy winehouse/lana del ray tunes. ... programs?? don't know yet... are they needed? like pro tools?

, so Nord Stage 2-pianos are a bit more low priced atm!)

http://www.amazon.com/Nord-HA88-88-Key-Hammer-Digital/dp/B000AQHO62

Price: $3,999.00 & FREE Shipping
woah woah.. thats... alot.. lol

you need fruity loops 10, and for 500 smackenroes you can get something fking mind destroyingly awesome, but i think its rather missing the point to spend 500 on the midi controller, why dont you buy an older virus in that case? it costs aruond 350 and has a claviature? could probably bag a tape player and an akai sampler with the rest and your fucking studio will have the vitamin injection of a lifetime

You're asking about:

1 - Midi controllers?
2 - Synthesizers?
3 - The real deal (I mean, the real piano)?

Cause there's a difference, you see?

well it has to be a piano/keyboard. with 61keys? i think?

and have added shit to make background noise (y)

access virus?
51766xDuoVL._SX450_.jpg
64 keys... don't forget it's all about octaves.

Roland and Korg synths are the most well known and used ones and they come in all prices/ranges. Pretty sure your miss will find them enjoyable.

64 keys... don't forget it's all about octaves.

Roland and Korg synths are the most well known and used ones and they come in all prices/ranges. Pretty sure your miss will find them enjoyable.

i like Roland. simply because of Dom.

Korg has an association with Mistabisha so..

this is my @logikz

will a keyboard alone be able to do all the tricks? inc playing live .. she thinks she needs a program like ableton or fruty to do something.. i think you only need them for mastering and making demos? i dunno.

i like Roland. simply because of Dom.

Korg has an association with Mistabisha so..

this is my @logikz

will a keyboard alone be able to do all the tricks? inc playing live .. she thinks she needs a program like ableton or fruty to do something.. i think you only need them for mastering and making demos? i dunno.

A keyboard can be directly routed to speakers, without needing any DAW. So they're ready for gigs.

Now, if she plans on recording stuff, then a DAW will be necessary for the production and an interface for the link between the keyboard/computer.

A keyboard can be directly routed to speakers, without needing any DAW. So they're ready for gigs.

Now, if she plans on recording stuff, then a DAW will be necessary for the production and an interface for the link between the keyboard/computer.

sweet. thats ok, she can record later in life. open mic nights are where its at atm

if you want a proper piano sound and feel, then its gotta be Roland or Yamaha, both have their own sound, so the one you pick depends on the sound you like, I have a Yamaha P155, its awsome, beautiful sound based on their grands, and the key action is pretty much as close as you can get

if you want a proper piano sound and feel, then its gotta be Roland or Yamaha, both have their own sound, so the one you pick depends on the sound you like, I have a Yamaha P155, its awsome, beautiful sound based on their grands, and the key action is pretty much as close as you can get
shes got a Yamaha at the moment. NP11 im told. defiantly not top of the range...

the Yamaha P155 looks nice (y) but something with more 'buttons'. for more options.

check this out.
Roland Juno-DS88 Synthesizer

tn1_122786.jpg

800 quid though.......

Yamaha do this,
Yamaha MX61 Synthesizer
tn1_76077.jpg

theres always this.... :teeth:

tn1_18549.jpg

really depends what you want from the keyboard really, if the key action isn't an issue, then its just a matter of style and features i guess

but if key action/feel is important and a good piano engine (one that is multilayer sampled and has complex harmonics and resonance between the notes, ie sounds like a real piano, rather than just single notes sampled), then its better to get a dedicated digital piano, which you can always route via MIDI to a computer if you want extra features, and then you can put whatever midi/usb controller you want into the mix aswell

I've got my novation remote zero SL on top of my P155, not a great controller, but does the job, i couldn't sacrifice the sound of the Yamaha for extra buttons, really makes the difference if a real piano sound is what you are after

unfortunately the more features they cram in, the less they spend on each individual part

but if key action/feel is important and a good piano engine (one that is multilayer sampled and has complex harmonics and resonance between the notes, ie sounds like a real piano, rather than just single notes sampled), then its better to get a dedicated digital piano................ which you can always route via MIDI to a computer if you want extra features

ok, now learning towards the proper sounding piano with software on the laptop on the side. . what kind of different in the sound do you get from a Yamaha or Roland?

novation remote zero SL on top of my P155, not a great controller

is that a midi controller yea?

look at this..
Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller

preview.jpg

ok, now learning towards the proper sounding piano with software on the laptop on the side. . what kind of different in the sound do you get from a Yamaha or Roland?

is that a midi controller yea?

look at this..
Roland FC-300 MIDI Foot Controller

preview.jpg

Yamaha has a brighter sound than the Roland, and I find the harmonics are more interesting, you can probably find demos on youtube, both Roland and Yamaha pianos have their own unique sound, both based on real grand pianos, its a pretty personal choice to be honest, and they all have at least 4-5 different pianos included (grand/baby grand/upright/etc) plus a few strings and pads sometimes too

I would goto a piano shop and try them out

yeah novation remote is a midi controller (USB), its got pads, rotary encoders/pots and a small "8 channel mix fader section, its pretty old now, there are much better ones available, although you can also get the MKII for pretty cheap, but i actually prefer the MKI

Back
Top Bottom