Best free distortion VST's?

rysk

Part-time waster
VIP Junglist
all i have is fruity fast dist...but it sounds shit. so when i want to grit something up a bit i tend to use blood overdrive, but it often makes the sounds too 'fat' and 'loud' when all i wanted to do was add a bit of dutty fuzzyness.

any recommendations? are there any other native FL effects plugins that i can use for distortion that i'm missing? feel free to point out any of my misconceptions about what overdrive and distortion do.

tone2 bifilter. as well as being a really good filter, its also got a distortion section, pretty sure its free too? I got it for free anyway.

if blood overdrive sounds good but is just too loud, can you not just turn the channel volume down?

tone2 bifilter. as well as being a really good filter, its also got a distortion section, pretty sure its free too? I got it for free anyway.

if blood overdrive sounds good but is just too loud, can you not just turn the channel volume down?

it doesn't make it physically louder, but as if it compresses it.

There is also Trash 2 by iZotope which you can check. It is pretty good. You have to buy it though. If you are looking for something free, get Camel Crusher.

N.I. Absynth has a nice waveshaper distortion module and you can draw your own wave, then draw another your own wave, and wavetable your way between those two as well ;)

Fruity Fast Dist can sound great, Blood Distortion is best for high pitched things IMO, sounds good on hats and things. But I used to root for team Camel Crusher, I just never reinstalled it after my upgrade to FL 10..

Back
Top Bottom