Mine would have to be V from 95 to 98
All the crew big up (Remix)
Set speed
Angles
Special Treat
Warhead
Funktion
Brand New Funk

My personal favourite was Trouble by Scorpio. My favourite set from this time was Jack Frost Energy 97 With Hyper D and Fearless with a lot of the V/Full Cycle tunes the start with Hyper D and Fearless over Trust Me and Shadowboxing is amazing.

not sure about ever but in recent times I suppose RAM has been pretty firing (though it usually is)

most sgn:ltd and shogun releases are top notch, and you have labels like covert ops which are pretty consistent quality too!

Good question...

fuck knows man, been too many good tunes over the years really for me

Lately though the standard in DnB has jumped up a hell of a lot (IMO of course)

I get a lot more excited at releases now than i ever did before

generally all big labels between 97 and 2000 were putting out great stuff... until that bloody horrible mid range synthy thing came along and ruined everything ;)

Prototype
V
Metalheadz
Full Cycle
Hardware
Ram
Virus

All blatantly had their golden era back then IMO... I think Ram having been putting out wicked stuff of late and Headz have never missed a beat .. everything out on that label is amazing .. Prototype was just sickness.. And Hardware is good but nothing amazing has come out on it to rival those golden days.. I was just glad that i was into the music and could experience those tunes in a club

Messiah, Alien girl, Turbulence, Brand New Funk, Warhead, Bacteria, ...the list goes on and on!!!! all a product of those years.

Last edited:
I'm not a DnB aficionade but probs Metalheadz, Digital Soundboy, and Dread cant be arsed to think of others.
Dread and Metalheadz especially the most consistent with great releases- Metalheadz even if it's a crap tune the production stands out.

generally all big labels between 97 and 2000 were putting out great stuff... until that bloody horrible mid range synthy thing came along and ruined everything ;)

Prototype
V
Metalheadz
Full Cycle
Hardware
Ram
Virus

All blatantly had their golden era back then IMO... I think Ram having been putting out wicked stuff of late and Headz have never missed a beat .. everything out on that label is amazing .. Prototype was just sickness.. And Hardware is good but nothing amazing has come out on it to rival those golden days.. I was just glad that i was into the music and could experience those tunes in a club

Messiah, Alien girl, Turbulence, Brand New Funk, Warhead, Bacteria, ...the list goes on and on!!!! all a product of those years.

What significant tunes came out on Prototype, cant remember ?

What significant tunes came out on Prototype, cant remember ?

Everything on Prototype was significant!

Cybotron - Threshold
Ed Rush - Killamanjaro
Optical - Moving 808s
Ed Rush & Optical - Alien Girl
Trace - Sonar
Lemon D - Going Gets Tough
Bad Company - Planet Dust
Bad Company - The Pulse

Cybotron - Threshold
Ed Rush - Killamanjaro
Optical - Moving 808s
Trace - Sonar
Bad Company - The Pulse

haha yeh i now remember Planet Dust and The Pulse on Prototype, as you can see by the avatar im quite a BC/BCUK fan :), Alien Girl, and Sonar stand out too

haha yeh i now remember Planet Dust and The Pulse on Prototype, as you can see by the avatar im quite a BC/BCUK fan :), Alien Girl, and Sonar stand out too

evrry tune on that labal was outstanding.. simple as... If you dont have the 'Prototype Years' album get it!! If for nothing else just to hear people like Dillinja and John B actually producing proper dnb!

Cybotron - Threshold
Ed Rush - Killamanjaro
Optical - Moving 808s
Trace - Sonar
Bad Company - The Pulse

No mention of The Odyssey by SBS & Drumsound then?

:jackson:

pisses all over their recent stuff...

Back
Top Bottom