Best Earphones (In-ear headphones) For DNB

Dalek657

Hey guys I was just wondering what you think the best headphones would be for DNB?

I've tried standard Apple earphones which are more or less shit by all standards for bass music. I then tried Ur beats which were ok but the drums were not punchy really and I listen to a fair deal of dubstep, electro house, glitch hop, trap, and small amounts of pop (I know how that's frowned upon here but I honestly don't mind some of it like Fresh or Sub Focus's new stuff). Then I tried Sennheiser over-ear momentum headphones which are great but I'll mainly use those when I'm relaxing in the sun and not walking around because I think that's a ridiculous look but the sound is amazing. The bass is perfect the drums nice and just as punchy as you'd want them but I'm looking for in-ear which have similar qualities. What would you guys reccomend?

how much do you want to spend? if you have a bit of a budget, ACS do some brilliant in-ear monitors (starting around £150), you can get them with standard fitting plugs, or custom molds. awesome quality, and because they filter allot of the external noise, you don't need to have them loud, which saves your hearing ..otherwise, dnb + in ear headphones = potential hearing loss

i think the apple ear buds (newer models) work fine. i use em when im lounging on the couch and come across a new track posted on soundcloud or UKF. they seem pretty bassy to me. to each their own.

I can recommend any of the Sennheiser CX range.
I bought the 40 quid heavy bass headphones by Sennheiser and they really don't do what they say on the tin. Not sure what the specific model is though. Fantastic quality otherwise though + note my ear is untrained as far as frequencies go Etc...

I can recommend any of the Sennheiser CX range.

THIS

For the price, Sennheiser CX300's are pretty much unbeatable. I remember when I got recommended them and bought my first pair, replacing the ones bundled with my iPod and the difference was quite incredible...

Last edited:
I'd recommend soundmagic e10's. Look like they cost more than they do and they handle bass like a trooper. Coupled with an app called music volume eq and you'll be in bass heaven.

I'd recommend soundmagic e10's. Look like they cost more than they do and they handle bass like a trooper. Coupled with an app called music volume eq and you'll be in bass heaven.

Bought a pair of these for use at the gym and they definitely rival some more expensive pairs. If you've got the cash, go for a pair of Shures. They deliver in every way!

Last edited:
I go through in ear headphones quickly and usually spend around 50 - 100GBP on AKG or Shure, but i decided fuck it costing me too mcuh every few months so bought Sennheiser MX 375 for about a 10GBP... And although theyre a little low on volume i find the sound quality good enough and theyre old style headphones so they stay in my ears... i dont like this rubber vagina feeling stuff in my ear because it always falls out.

I'd recommend soundmagic e10's.

I looked these up. What hifi awarded 3 years in a row? Something must be right with them.
Got my pair today. For £30 they are pretty darn good. Sound very similar to the CX range but feel like they will last me longer. Seem very robust.

The anti counterfeit code is a nice touch too. lots of fake earbuds about.

cheers for the app info mate, just downloaded and will test it later in the evening. I own a pair of e10s and they are superb, good sound and loads of extra buds included. Also had cx300s and they are both as good as each other.

I looked these up. What hifi awarded 3 years in a row? Something must be right with them.
Got my pair today. For £30 they are pretty darn good. Sound very similar to the CX range but feel like they will last me longer. Seem very robust.

The anti counterfeit code is a nice touch too. lots of fake earbuds about.

They are brilliant earphones, had mine for a year or so and still going strong. If you have an android device definitely get music volume eq app, you can get so much more depth to whatever you're listening to.

Hey guys. Thanks for all the replies. I went for the CX 300's and they sound amazing. Can't flaw them in any way but I'm just wondering how durable do you think the cable is? It feels fairly strongly but seems only slightly stronger than the cable used on standard apple earphones which is weak as fuck.How durable would you guys say they are? I keep them in a case along with my new Ipod classic so I guess this helps a bit

Hey guys. Thanks for all the replies. I went for the CX 300's and they sound amazing. Can't flaw them in any way but I'm just wondering how durable do you think the cable is? It feels fairly strongly but seems only slightly stronger than the cable used on standard apple earphones which is weak as fuck.How durable would you guys say they are? I keep them in a case along with my new Ipod classic so I guess this helps a bit

Put it this way, I shut my cx300s outside my car door on a 5 mile drive and the cable stayed intact! Does that answer your question!

Ok I realise I bought the I300 instead of the CX300's a few months ago and they were fantastic but then today one of the phones volume really decreased. I bought the CX300s instead which have a great sound but I have only two complaints - Noise cancellation seems rather poor, and no volume control. I was wondering if people could reccomend anything with the same sound quality but with these two features also. Two earphones I'm looking at are the CX400's and the momentum in-ear. They both look rather good I was wondering if anyone's used either of them anf could tell me what they think. It's imperative they have a similar quality to the CX300 and have noise cancellation and volume control

Back
Top Bottom