Best drums?

alz

compress to impress
VIP Junglist
Doesn't really get talked about a lot, i guess a lot of people take it kinda for granted, but who do you think has the best drums in dnb, ignore the rest of it, BEST DRUMS.

Personally i think its Sub Focus hands down, dudes got the best pack!

Break or Noisia.

Can Sub Focus make anything other than a 2 step or triplet beat?

Of course he can

Hes one of the most talented producers in the scene

On another note, I actually think Hazard & Original Sin have very good drums for jump up tunes

Drums on Troublemaker are very good, and Original Sin's drums on tunes like Dr. Feel Good cut through the mix so well in a club

Dillinja's got awsome drums as well, so much low end yet he still manages to balance a wicked mixdown

Of course he can

Hes one of the most talented producers in the scene

On another note, I actually think Hazard & Original Sin have very good drums for jump up tunes

Drums on Troublemaker are very good, and Original Sin's drums on tunes like Dr. Feel Good cut through the mix so well in a club

Dillinja's got awsome drums as well, so much low end yet he still manages to balance a wicked mixdown

Can you point me to some audio then? I've never heard a Sub Focus tune without a 2 step or triplet beat.

Variation is the key, that's why I've put Break and Noisia.

Noisia have absolutely firing drums. Listen to Block Control VIP.

Can you point me to some audio then? I've never heard a Sub Focus tune without a 2 step or triplet beat.

Variation is the key, that's why I've put Break and Noisia.

Noisia have absolutely firing drums. Listen to Block Control VIP.

So what if he does always use 2 step or triplet beats

Doesn't make him any less of a producer just because he chooses to do it that way

And variation is not always the key, if it was then every producer in the scene should be expected to make a tune of every different style, which is just never gonna happen

Just because you choose to usually do something a certain way it doesn't mean your any less good at it, specially when it works, and for Sub Focus it works, coz his drums are fuckin nice

So what if he does always use 2 step or triplet beats

Doesn't make him any less of a producer just because he chooses to do it that way

And variation is not always the key, if it was then every producer in the scene should be expected to make a tune of every different style, which is just never gonna happen

Just because you choose to usually do something a certain way it doesn't mean your any less good at it, specially when it works, and for Sub Focus it works, coz his drums are fuckin nice

I didn't mean producing a different style of DnB. I mean switching up how his beats are arranged.

I love to see Sub Focus make a staccato Amen smasher.

I didn't mean producing a different style of DnB. I mean switching up how his beats are arranged.

I love to see Sub Focus make a staccato Amen smasher.

MMM he's not really a "breaks" kinda person though

His sound's more electro based

Might be pleasantly suprised on the album though

I'm pretty sure he's made a tune with Culture Shock which is a little off beat kinda thing, similar to Lomax - Faith Massive if you've heard it

that piston soundin drum thing zen used to use rules.. but all in all id say nebula true jungle drumfuckery!

Nero have got some thick drums

Culture Shock has some techno influenced perfection

Brookes Bros drums are just niiice :)

I like Benny Page's drums as well actually

i was just thinking about this eariler on today.

break - isis

ready for everybody to slate this tune for being 'too simple' but just check the drums man. they just sound like a live kit, as if someone is actually playin it. and the fills at the end of every 4 bars are always different and varried.

NEXT LEVEL SHIT.

speaking of which, spectrasouls drums are tight. as are commix!

Back
Top Bottom