Best DnB drum loops pack

Discussion in 'Production' started by SynesthesiaC, Nov 1, 2008.

1. SynesthesiaC

SynesthesiaC Member

I'm getting tired of scouring the internet and downloading thousands of drum loops until I eventually find the one I need. Must have hundreds all in random folders on my computer and I dont know which ones are the good ones anymore without spending hours going through them all.

So, which DnB drum loop packs that you can buy are considered the ultimate collection of all the best DnB beats? I presume that the pro's use their beats from large packs when they haven't got the time to make them all themselves. I cant see them scouring the net like many do. So which DnB drum loop packs would be the biggest and best to get?

I've Seen Danyy Byrds recent pack, its got 35 full drum loops, amoungst many other things, so it dont seem too extensive 2 me. And I think some of the packs not compatable with cubase, like the patches.

http://www.loopmasters.com/product/details/144
    Are the better ones out there than this?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. dequo

dequo Member

dude using pre made loops is the path to fail

3. Reference

Reference fair shout.

best service drums overkill .wav edition :) - make your own. there's rapidshare links on the web somewhere if you do some googleage.

4. SynesthesiaC

SynesthesiaC Member

I like to have a basic beat to work with first, then I layer ontop some midi beats from battery 3 to get the beat I want. Either a drum loop sample pack would be ideal 4 me or something easier to create your own beats in than cubase drum editor, which can get bloody annoying

^ And thanks for the heads up about drums overkill .wav edition, i'll check it out.

5. greggh

greggh Member

Try using kicks and snares from drum computers you can download them as samples to make your beat then layer other drums over it. also can layer in breaks, hats from other breaks, etc. its alot easier to create shuffle and good ghosted snares with eq'd out breaks in my opinion.

use a frequency analyzer to make sure that the drums are hitting the right frequencys i use IXL its good but theres loads of other good ones out there. i dont really know much about it myself but from reading what you wrote it sounds like your doing what i used to do. you aint gonna get anywhere using drumloops. theres some good tutorials on youtube! hope that helps.

6. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

the doubleclick breaks packs :word: on DOA

7. dareme

dareme New Member

Jungle Warfare 1,2 and 3 are classics sample packs, but a bit old school drum and bass sounding.

I just bought the ez rollers drum and bass producer pack, and it is crazy. Very new sounding. But the bass and instruments patches are not multisampled

8. filtersweeperVC

filtersweeperVC filtersweeper

copy and paste. It's like making a collage with someone else's work. Sampling classic breaks is a different story. There's no such thing as the "master dnb loop maker" that supplies the pros. Think about that for a second

9. LineOne

LineOne The Cubase Man

i use reason for drums man. love the pattern sequence.

if u wana be origional then make ur own wavs. I dunno man tap a wooden spoon against a saucepan and put sum rice in a matchbox and shake it

10. Alexi

Alexi Drench Audio

Does anyone know what the danny byrd sample pack is like?

Coz i wasn't that impressed with the nu:tone one, and I don't have 25 quid to spend on the byrd one and can't find any d/l links

11. Psyrus

Psyrus Give it some bastard

i might be wrong but... if your makin drum n bass, and u dont make the drums, arnet u missing out half of the fun? personally i find one of the best feelins i get when makin a track is layin down a fat loop (of course its up to u to judge how fat my loops are, sound good to me tho) :D

12. Toejam

Toejam OOOBEY DOOBEY

Curly cunt flaps