Best Blank CD Brand

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
As I'm at uni with next to no space in my flat, I have unwillingly moved onto mixing purely with CDs, however a lot of them skip, which is annoying when listening but disasterous when mixing. Some skip just after being burnt so nothing to do with scratches or scuff marks.

I am currently using datasafe discs, and burning via itunes at lowest speed, or audition if I need to normalise before hand.

Which is the best brand of blank CD to go with, as I might as well spend the extra few pennies per disc seeing as I've paid a couple of quid for the 320s in the first place.

Cheers

If the discs are new then it could be your CD deck. To check, try the freshly burnt CDs in a few differnt players, if they skip then its the CD drive your using to burn with.

Try using another computer to burn on the same discs and see the outcome, if it still skips then you have a dodgy batch of Cds.

Anything like this is just a simple process of elimination, pretty much like every question that gets asked in this subforum...

Cheaper or old cdjs I found have problems with cheap cd's but more expensive and new like Denon and Pioneer models play even the bunkest cd's most times but not recommended, not sure about the best but branded ones like Sony do the job fine!

Cheaper or old cdjs I found have problems with cheap cd's but more expensive and new like Denon and Pioneer models play even the bunkest cd's most times but not recommended, not sure about the best but branded ones like Sony do the job fine!

well I'm currently using a pair of Numark Axis 9, a couple of years old but been kept well & in good condition, so will clean the lasers and invest in some Sony discs

& then hopefully won't have to lift in constant fear that at any moment my mix could be ruined completely by a skip

Don't try and clean your lasers by any means of a disc cleaner, most of the time they fuck them up. If you've done everything I said and still have no joy then take it to a repair shop.

Just buying Sony cds is not guna help you find the problem accurately.

i think i had the same problem as you mate. its insanely annoying. ive tried everything and have taken em to get fixed now... tryed diff CDs, diff burner/burn speeds, everything.

i read somewhere that sometimes the lubricant on the rail that the laser moves across gets dirty n gets pushed to one side, so one side of the rail is stiff, and thats why it skips...

ill let ya know how it goes when i get decks back.

well I'm currently using a pair of Numark Axis 9, a couple of years old but been kept well & in good condition

oh dear. same happened to me too. after a few months of skipping they stopped reading cds all together.

they are currently back in their boxes while i try to find someone who can repair them ...

i think i had the same problem as you mate. its insanely annoying. ive tried everything and have taken em to get fixed now... tryed diff CDs, diff burner/burn speeds, everything.

i read somewhere that sometimes the lubricant on the rail that the laser moves across gets dirty n gets pushed to one side, so one side of the rail is stiff, and thats why it skips...

ill let ya know how it goes when i get decks back.

sound mate

got em back mate

said they couldnt see a real problem other than the laser mechanism was dirty and there wasnt much lubricant anywhere..

so far they work fine now.

they also said dont burn CDs from a laptop cos usually laptops have shit burners

I find that cheap CD's can skip in CD decks, even if you burn them slowly.

The best brand of CD's I have ever used are Verbatim. Always buy your CD's online, they are miles cheaper.

got em back mate

said they couldnt see a real problem other than the laser mechanism was dirty and there wasnt much lubricant anywhere..

so far they work fine now.

they also said dont burn CDs from a laptop cos usually laptops have shit burners

cheers for the advice, unfortunately I don't really have a choice about not burning on a laptop, but have bought some Sony discs online, and will burn at lowest speed possible so will see if this sorts the problem

Back
Top Bottom