best active monitors

hakwell

any opinions on which to get. either Alesis Monitor 1 Active MK2 or KRK Rokit 6? im looking for the ones best for mixing with and production?
thanx in advance

ive got a pair of krk rokit 6's and a krk rokit 10 sub which produces some serious bass.

before i had the sub, the pair go very loud but still with a good quialty of sound. i just thought it needed a bit more bass!

ive got a pair of krk rokit 6's and a krk rokit 10 sub which produces some serious bass.

before i had the sub, the pair go very loud but still with a good quialty of sound. i just thought it needed a bit more bass!

might as well get krk's seeing as everyone else has them, so you can join the big gay club we got going on.

Smart Man! I have recomended this as a start up set up for many people.

However if you got the coin, Mackie FTW HR824 FTW

B2030A_big-10b41c387429e7d605ae24c93a3a3e5c.jpg

Have no problems with mine, despite any disagreement. But that said, I got them for £80 when they're still going for over £200.

Just incase this seems like me trying to show off, it's not, I have only had these monitors, they are my first pair, so I have nothing to compare them to. But I do know that Alesis stand above KRK

B2030A_big-10b41c387429e7d605ae24c93a3a3e5c.jpg

Have no problems with mine, despite any disagreement. But that said, I got them for £80 when they're still going for over £200.

Just incase this seems like me trying to show off, it's not, I have only had these monitors, they are my first pair, so I have nothing to compare them to. But I do know that Alesis stand above KRK

what are you chatting about? why would we think youre showing off. theyre behringer lol, do you think theyre the best monitors in the world? i highly doubt it.

trying to show off. haha is till cant understand that.

No, I mean by putting up pictures and bigging them up etc. No, they're not the best, but they can give some serious dB without even trying.

easy all,
was lookin at these (budget)
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR247937
these sound good or not? (aint much much of a speaker head)

but seems like krk's are the way forward!
ive herd reviews on quality but will they still fill a bedroom up to a decent volume?
i herd the red ones are best but cant find on htfr anymore?

while were on the topic behringer...
my mates got these...
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR101011
ye they pump bass and are loud as
but when ur bringing in the next tune, high frequency is a mess, id never buy em

cheers for any help!

I used to have some KRK RP6 monitors. Not bad for the money. I'd stay away from Behringer, they're not very good, and nothing Behringer make is good really. If you want some seriously nice monitors, try out a pair of Mackie MR8's coe they're damn good for the money. I used to have some Mackie HR824 too and they were excellent. Massive bass from them. The best monitors I ever had though were the Dynaudio BM15A's. F**k me, they were amazing. But anyway, thats obviously out of your budget range. The KRK monitors are always a safe bet coe they're good speakers, and foe the money they sell for you cant really go wrong.

I'd steer clear of the Alesis M1 actives because although they're ok, they're very coloured to be honest, and the KRK's are quite a bit more accurate.

easy all,
was lookin at these (budget)
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR247937
these sound good or not? (aint much much of a speaker head)

but seems like krk's are the way forward!
ive herd reviews on quality but will they still fill a bedroom up to a decent volume?
i herd the red ones are best but cant find on htfr anymore?

while were on the topic behringer...
my mates got these...
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR101011
ye they pump bass and are loud as
but when ur bringing in the next tune, high frequency is a mess, id never buy em

cheers for any help!

DONT BUY FROM HTFR NOOB!!!!!!!

www.soundslive.co.uk is a MUCH better place AND they're reliable.

i've got the fostex pm1s and they're ace for me :D

i have got behringer truth monitors and they are amazing the sound is perfect and crisp. i would recommend them to anyone. iv never had a problem with them

KRK's are meant to be top notch, I've got Alesis M1 Active 520s and I'm happy with them and they do the job nicely. I wouldn't get Behringer though, from my experience nothing they make lasts at all and the build quality isn't very good imo. If you've got money to burn then get some Mackie speakers. I guess it's down to how much money you want to spend. I wouldn't go for that Kam amp/speaker thing, I'd get some decent monitor speakers tbh.

Back
Top Bottom