Bent, out of shape vinyl = jumpy needle, a little help plz

thumpah

One of my favorite vinyls seems to have bent, nowadays its a hard tune to get hold of so if you guys got any tricks on how to get it back to shape.

and i have tried placing loads of vinyl on top already.

[youtube]YCvor5b4OeU[/youtube]

Try the hair dryer trick. What you need to do is get 2 flat surfaces which would cover a 12". Get the hair dryer on the vinyl so that the vinyl goes a bit floppy. Press the vinyl together with the 2 flat surfaces either side of the vinyl. (i used 2 big books) Should take the bend out of the tune and make it more playable.

Advised putting the vinyl in a sleeve whilst doing this. Keeps the vinyl in good condition!

Try the hair dryer trick. What you need to do is get 2 flat surfaces which would cover a 12". Get the hair dryer on the vinyl so that the vinyl goes a bit floppy. Press the vinyl together with the 2 flat surfaces either side of the vinyl. (i used 2 big books) Should take the bend out of the tune and make it more playable.

Advised putting the vinyl in a sleeve whilst doing this. Keeps the vinyl in good condition!

failing this, hammer it flat

put a towel over the record and iron it on a low heat. need to be a bit careful but it can work a treat

try the methods on a vinyl you dont care about much first if i was you mate

was just bout to say that!
ive also got this tune knockin bout sumwere think its in good condition if i find it an its ok i can sell it if u need it!

Back
Top Bottom