Bensley

Why is this already on beatport btw? The world exclusive premiere should be on BBC radio1 tonight, don't get it :D

Pretty nice, but I think from Rams hype of him I was really expecting something truly unique and original. It sounds like a pretty typical Ram release to be honest, but we can't really get all critical just from one tune.

Hats off to him, it's a pretty big first release. Feel that a hole was dug for him with such a drawn out wait for any audio

Indeed, they built hype really well with the wait and the back-story, so hats off from a marketing perspective. I searched for news multiple times but nothing surfaced and that just made it more exciting... It felt like some kind of musical messiah was about to emerge.

I guess in truth very few artists could justify that amount of hype with a debut release... it was always very likely to fall-short. Still, an interesting case study from a promotional perspective, I'm not sure I'd even have registered the tune if it had been pushed out in the standard format (but that might have more to do with my relationship with RAM).

Decent track, nothing extraordinary though. The world can always use more decent music though! At least it isn't bad

Indeed, they built hype really well with the wait and the back-story, so hats off from a marketing perspective. I searched for news multiple times but nothing surfaced and that just made it more exciting... It felt like some kind of musical messiah was about to emerge.

I guess in truth very few artists could justify that amount of hype with a debut release... it was always very likely to fall-short.

Exactly. Definitely a nice little marketing ploy which I don't think was really necessary considering the tune wasn't exactly revolutionary. Still though, its certainly a solid tune with super clean production but I feel like we'd all be a lot more impressed without all the hype

But don't forget he has got a album which will be released soon! The hype is justified imo and this first tune is amazing. People need to relax a bit lol!

I quote like the tune. I don't think it sounds as samey as people are saying and I'm keen to hear what else he has. I doubt it is even his best tune and that's saying something. I was quite pleased to find it sounds most to me like the good Camo & Krooked stuff.

Back
Top Bottom