Bensley - Next Generation - RAM

tumblr_m4ii2voIQp1rwvl73o1_500.gif

Feel sorry for the way this kid has been built up to be the second coming of Christ
Yeah :/ But he has an album on Ram now and certainly has the potential to do big things, nice elements in there for sure. Fandango for example is pretty big!

The tune just before Fandango (in the album mix) sounds quite a bit like Keeno - Innocence. And I quite like the track even before that one in the mix - but nothing groundbreaking (and the gapless transition from the previous track, this is what albums are about! Or is it a smooth mix?).

Kind of sounds like the soundtrack to some arcadey video game.

Dunno what to think about this. The album is fine, although very samey, but definitely not amazing like RAM made him out to be. I cant help but feel disapointed.

I actually quite like this album, it's definitely the most melodically rich thing RAM have put out in a while with nice ideas here and there. I think RAM went a bit too crazy on overhyping him though, I don't think any artist debut could have justified that sort of hype. While it was great promotion, they should have been a bit quieter and not delay it as much so people would not be as disappointed by this as some of the posts above say, but that's just my two cents. Well done to Bensley for putting out an album on RAM so early in his career though!

Its just too plinky plonky chip tune sounding for me. Most of the tunes sound like a weak version of Commix - Japanese Electronics.

Its just too plinky plonky chip tune sounding for me. Most of the tunes sound like a weak version of Commix - Japanese Electronics.

couldn't agree more to that. All very cheesy too.. fits to RAM and the direction they are taking :)

Back
Top Bottom