benrenger BPM mixers!

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Messages
221
Likes
0
#1
having this problem here, I know these things arnt good at all to mix tracks with, but im trying to figure out how to work this BPM counter with my behrenger 700 mixer! it doesnt seem to look so accurate!

illv//
 

sparkyc10

Kentish Junglist
VIP Junglist
Messages
917
Likes
1
#2
the bpm counters on those things are terrible. u hav to push the button above the lcd dispplay in time to the beat a few times til it counts the bpm for u. its useless for drum n bass especially as most of the behringer mixers with bpm counters dont go above 160! :jerkit:
 

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Messages
221
Likes
0
#3
sparkyc10 said:
the bpm counters on those things are terrible. u hav to push the button above the lcd dispplay in time to the beat a few times til it counts the bpm for u. its useless for drum n bass especially as most of the behringer mixers with bpm counters dont go above 160! :jerkit:
You are so right on that one, they dont go above 160! which sucks, oh well, i guess its more for the "pop/house/techno" DJ! hehe, I just thought it would be somewhat accurate because of the advance in technology, oh well, I never relied on it in the first place, why start now!

illv//
 

sparkyc10

Kentish Junglist
VIP Junglist
Messages
917
Likes
1
#4
illv said:
You are so right on that one, they dont go above 160! which sucks, oh well, i guess its more for the "pop/house/techno" DJ! hehe, I just thought it would be somewhat accurate because of the advance in technology, oh well, I never relied on it in the first place, why start now!

illv//
why indeed. what really blows my mind is when people fork out £100+ for a separate bpm counter to link up with their mixer!? :weirdo:
 

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Messages
221
Likes
0
#5
sparkyc10 said:
why indeed. what really blows my mind is when people fork out £100+ for a separate bpm counter to link up with their mixer!? :weirdo:
hahah yeah! i guess thats more for the club djs that really dont know how to mix teh shit! then again most bars only play top 100!


illv//
 

skuf

New Member
Messages
2
Likes
0
#6
I just got a Pioneer DJM600 and the beat counters seem to be pretty accurate!
I stuck black tape over them to avoid laziness taking over... :)
 

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Messages
221
Likes
0
#7
skuff said:
I just got a Pioneer DJM600 and the beat counters seem to be pretty accurate!
I stuck black tape over them to avoid laziness taking over... :)

You can reach over 160BPM on yer counter?

illv//
 

illv

the winnipeg styler!
Messages
221
Likes
0
#9
sparkyc10 said:
hes got a pioneer mixer so id expect theres a chance that it can. one of abouta million reasons why pioneer are better than behringer :)

well, aside from that, what else makes pioneer mixers better than behrenger djx700??

illv//
 
Messages
277
Likes
0
#10
illv said:
having this problem here, I know these things arnt good at all to mix tracks with, but im trying to figure out how to work this BPM counter with my behrenger 700 mixer! it doesnt seem to look so accurate!

illv//
Cover them over & learn to mix without BPM counters. Otherwise your f*cked when you play out.
 

mesh

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,398
Likes
14
#17
yeah good point sorry, was teh @work post.
I mean Moe for my grouchy opinion, and lol cos I love that smiley. In all seriousness I understand how it looks, I think some counters get confused with all the kerazee beats in dNb and cant tell wether the tune is at 90 or 180 bpm then it gets all fucked up and swings all over. Yeah? Most I've seen do that, and there are some that work better.
I reckon if I tried even using a good one my mixing would be terrible/r cos its counter-intuitive to not trust your own ears I feel.



;)
 
Messages
212
Likes
1
#18
illv said:
well, aside from that, what else makes pioneer mixers better than behrenger djx700??

illv//
Oh come on! Behringer mixers are blatant cheap rip-offs of Pioneer, they have cheap components, circuitry and wiring so will sound a lot worse.

If you really want a BPM counter buy a handheld manual 1, just count along to the bars and tap away, and Bobs your transvestite Aunty. £20 or so, it is Behringer though but as it doesnt process the sound it wont matter.
 
Top