Ben Kama - With Me

Really like this man, the intro is quality and the vocals work so well.
The switch at 1:39 is brilliant! Gives it that extra little bit of edge imo. :)

Shit I need to get a soundcloud so I can comment first and get the 320!

(listening to this beast, hold on for my opinion)

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

At 1:30 or so that bassline fill seemed almost like it might need a crossfade, the snare I would prefer more in the mix. That's all I could come up with.

You are a god, jesus everything is great. The bassline goes great with the vocals and everything has it's own space, and when the vocals drop out the bassline goes fucking mental!! This has that feel to it, that I love where everything has this groove to it, and it's like a banging hit. Not all your tunes have that feeling, and it's hard to get some keep working on this one!

Shit I need to get a soundcloud so I can comment first and get the 320!

(listening to this beast, hold on for my opinion)

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

At 1:30 or so that bassline fill seemed almost like it might need a crossfade, the snare I would prefer more in the mix. That's all I could come up with.

You are a god, jesus everything is great. The bassline goes great with the vocals and everything has it's own space, and when the vocals drop out the bassline goes fucking mental!! This has that feel to it, that I love where everything has this groove to it, and it's like a banging hit. Not all your tunes have that feeling, and it's hard to get some keep working on this one!

Heh man you make me blush an ting. thanks. I'll take that snare thing into consideration. Do you mean you'd prefer it more prominent in the mix or just a more aggressive tone to it?

I disagree with the snare needing to be louder, it sits fine right now and it's quite heavy and steppy which helps with the groove imo.
Agreed with the vocal though, it really keeps the tune flowing nicely especially with the delay. I like the kick rush in the middle, but the highlight of the tune for me is definitely the bit before the drop with the vocal. The only thing I can criticise about it is that in the breakdown, the drop comes a tiny bit unexpectedly, on a 2nd listen I heard a riser, but maybe you might want to make that a little bit higher in the mix?

Anyway, to wrap up my long oversized comment, great rolling work. :D

The snare sounds fine to me also. The kick is really punchy, noticeably so, which makes this really quite driving. With the change of eq emphasis on the bass at 1:30ish it's pushed from being subdued to more prominent but perhaps without the weight to match the driving drums. Just a preference opinion after a couple of listens.

Everything else sounds great, very nice tune.

good track here man, really good track.
Just about the drums, the snare seems to be punchier sometimes, and sometimes not. Check out the release on the compression maybe? A faster release would work.
I love that kick, maybe too heavy for this song imo.

Still a good track 8/10 to me. ;)
Would dance to this for sure in a club!

Heh man you make me blush an ting. thanks. I'll take that snare thing into consideration. Do you mean you'd prefer it more prominent in the mix or just a more aggressive tone to it?

I like the snare to have as prominant a punch and aggresiveness as the kick you have, I was seeking balance in my head. I was thinking "BOOM pap BOOM pap" maybe lower the level of the kick by a db and the snare up by a db idk, that's for you to figure out

i like it, love how full the kick and snare sounds, (ino that sounds minor) but the drums are really warm and the baslsine is nice too, !

Back
Top Bottom