Ben Kama - "Someone" (question)

Neural Tech

Nuskool
VIP Junglist

hope you don't mind me linking to your tune

Such a relaxed tune my friend... where did all the Brass/Woodwind sounds come from? Sample based or did you make any of that? There's a Flute Arpeggio that definitely sounds like a real instrument but some of the other sounds possibly sound synthetic which is why I'm asking.

I'm a curious :borat:

I've been jammin your tunes back to back today... where do you get all these Vocals from? Local artist or a friend doing the singing? She's nice... I enjoy her tone.

:greatstuff:

Hey, thanks man! I dont mind at all, on the contrary, quite the opposite! Thanks for taking an interest.

Actually all the vocals are ripped from accapellas. The Colleins in 'Tomorrow', Alicia Keys in 'With Me', etc... Some obvious, some not so. I just got a good vocal mic, AKG C 2000B, so I guess I'll be practicing on producing original vocals more. Man, it's really hard to come up with something to say LOL!

This track is pretty heavily sampled. The flute and guitar are from a track "Joku jota rakastan" which means ruffly "someone I love", so that where the name comes from. It's by a finnish pop/folk group from the late 70's. I was thinking of having someone sing the original (translated ofcourse) vocals on top and try to get a proper clearance to it (I know some guy who used to be involved with that band in the 80s), but this is one of the tracks that I've lost the original files to so that's a no go. I'll be sharing it as an mp3 in the near future.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Oh, also the sax is sampled, it's from a pack that's been around on my hd for over 5 years, never really used them anywhere.

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Oh, also the sax is sample based, it's from a pack that's been around on my hd for over 5 years, never really used them anywhere.

So no, I didn't really "do" much of it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, thanks man! I dont mind at all, on the contrary, quite the opposite! Thanks for taking an interest.

Actually all the vocals are ripped from accapellas. The Colleins in 'Tomorrow', Alicia Keys in 'With Me', etc... Some obvious, some not so. I just got a good vocal mic, AKG C 2000B, so I guess I'll be practicing on producing original vocals more. Man, it's really hard to come up with something to say LOL!

This track is pretty heavily sampled. The flute and guitar are from a track "Joku jota rakastan" which means ruffly "someone I love", so that where the name comes from. It's by a finnish pop/folk group from the late 70's. I was thinking of having someone sing the original (translated ofcourse) vocals on top and try to get a proper clearance to it (I know some guy who used to be involved with that band in the 80s), but this is one of the tracks that I've lost the original files to so that's a no go. I'll be sharing it as an mp3 in the near future.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Oh, also the sax is sampled, it's from a pack that's been around on my hd for over 5 years, never really used them anywhere.

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

Oh, also the sax is sample based, it's from a pack that's been around on my hd for over 5 years, never really used them anywhere.

So no, I didn't really "do" much of it myself.

Cool beans... I figured you wouldn't mind : )

"accapellas" - ahhhhh... gotcha. I need some decent accapella collections.. I've zero.

"The flute and guitar are from a track "Joku jota rakastan" which means ruffly "someone I love", so that where the name comes from." Interesting! I listened to the song and it's nice.. but I didn't hear any "blank" space in the song, places that you could sample that didn't have the drums going on in the background... unless I missed it. That's really cool to know where the source of some of those sounds comes from though.. thks for sharing : )

Haha, I disagree... you "did" plenty on your own. Making the material from nothing is a feat in itself... you had to make everything gel well (Mixdown/Sequencing) not to mention coming up with the idea for the song in the first place is not a small feat. Art is art my friend and what you have done is very Artistic... bravo. Considering you went from an idea to a fully realized piece, my hats off to you.

Thanks for sharing the story of that tune, that was fun finding out. I tell you what... I truly enjoy this Forum and you guys here in the PROD side of things because I feel at home. I hope when you and the rest of my friends on the board get big one day, that you guys'll still hang around here and share some of your music : )

:keeprockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom