Ben Kama - So Strange (Midnight Sun Recordigns)

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
This track is coming out as a digital release on Midnight Sun Recs sometime this summer (not exactly science determining the dates LOL). The 'flip' will follow in a few weeks time.

Big up for Liquicity for coming up with an educational video for the occasion! Be sure to subscribe to his channel as the quality in there is top notch.

nice typo in the title...oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
really likeing this tune man, will be buying this when its out. vocal and drums are really relaxing and calming then u got that slightly dirty bassline sittin ontop so effortlessly.. love the piano(whatever instrument) aswell. great stuff man :)

really likeing this tune man, will be buying this when its out. vocal and drums are really relaxing and calming then u got that slightly dirty bassline sittin ontop so effortlessly.. love the piano(whatever instrument) aswell. great stuff man :)

Cheerios. It is indeed...a piano! Some way old sampled hits put through a big moist reverb and an electric piano (synth) also.

Very nice. Apart from the production skills, you're lucky enough to have strong songwriting skills as well, which is the thing at the end of the day isn't it?

Have you done any colab's with singer/songwriters? I'd like to hear that.

Very nice. Apart from the production skills, you're lucky enough to have strong songwriting skills as well, which is the thing at the end of the day isn't it?

Have you done any colab's with singer/songwriters? I'd like to hear that.

Thanks for the comment.

No I haven't done anything like that. Been talking about that for a long time with various people but it never got going. I guess I'd need good premises at my studio to remove the need for an external place to record vocals in or something. I've been planning on getting in touch with this guy (http://www.myspace.com/longsam), as he's an old friend I haven't seen in a while, maybe that will lead to something - who knows?

Wonderful piece... reminds me of TeeBee mixed with Klute. The Prod sounds imaculate.
I'd love to own a 320 of this. (y)

Fantastic work... 10/10

:rock:

He got in touch with me actually... I'd sent this guy 'KG' some tunes and he wanted to get one into a compilation he was planning with the liquicity guy. He'd gotten hold of the tune and asked me for tunes on AIM. But he said if there's anything more just to send to his email.

If he doesnt get back it just probably means he didnt feel the tune enough to showcase, sorry mate. At least I've gotten the impression that he gets as much stuff sent as the bigger labels so it's hard to reply to all.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Wonderful piece... reminds me of TeeBee mixed with Klute. The Prod sounds imaculate.
I'd love to own a 320 of this. (y)

Fantastic work... 10/10

:rock:

Cant send atm, i've done a deal with Midnight Sun Recs... It'll be available to buy at least if you fancy it enough, once Physics gets his ass in gear and goes ahead with the release! He's a good guy but so lazy with this stuff LOL

Back
Top Bottom