Ben Kama - Force Of Nature EP up for grabs

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
I wondered what to do with all this stuff I've labeled 'giveaway'... so:

1. Fly With You - an exclusive to this EP. Synthscapes, harmonies, lushness and all that, but manages to turn into a gritty stormer somehow.
2. Tomorrow - a straightforward clubber's delight - 2-step beats, female vocals, rumbling bass, kick rushes, all that jazz.
3. Force Of Nature - more of a chill type thing but still a few dj's described it as 'tight as a teenager'. Catch the smallest edge of the bassline there.
4. Tomorrow (DTX Vip remix) - DTX remixed this earlier but apparently wasn't happy and wanted to do something new for the occasion. I'll let the audio do the talking on this one.

Sneaky peak:

Get this shit @ http://benkama.com/album/force-of-nature-ep
or @ http://soundcloud.com/kama/sets/force-of-nature-ep

peace.

PS. If you want me to return the favour and listen to some of your stuff, leave a link to this thread and I'll get on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peas mane.

Beats are well crunchy but sound like a premade drumkit to me. I doesn't matter to the ravers tho. The drum rolls are a good thing, keeping things fresh but maybe they come too often even, some other fills would work aswell. The string synth right after the drop is a bit thin and, synthetic sounding, it could do with a more pad-like presence so it would come across more. the blippy synths are good too, keeping a sort of movement.

Overall it would need more melody into it, it's gote '2-note 1-finger' written all over it. It's easier to create slight changes in the mood if you use melodies just a little more. Not much more but as a dramatic tool to emphasize certain points in the tune for example, like just before a breakdown or whatever.

Mixing balance is alright to me, nothing jumps in your face and nothing drowns out.

thanks to you too!

---------- Post added at 04:01 ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 ----------

They're free? I saw them on soundcloud and thought cause it had "EP" on it, they were on a label :teeth:
Yeah man I really like Tomorrow and Force of Nature is pretty cool aswell

And if you're offering free track rating services, tell me what you think of this number here:
www.soundcloud.com/basisdnb/architect-of-resistance

Yeah I've been trying to get these signed for about a year without luck. So i decided to take things into my own hands and use these tunes as a promotional tool before i release a proper EP by myself.

The beats are good, I'm always a bit jealous when someone can make such simple sounds work. You make it sound effortless. Maybe it's about eveyrthing else in the tune as well that makes it so, the pads are very smooth and the melodies make the mood instead of the beats. The structure is very DJ friendly so I guess you mix too.

I would've wanted some edge to it tho. Maybe a stab or a piano to complement the pads and give it a little sharpness. It really stays in the background, but it would deserve to grab proper attention.

smooth.

I wondered what to do with all this stuff I've labeled 'giveaway'... so:

1. Fly With You - an exclusive to this EP. Synthscapes, harmonies, lushness and all that, but manages to turn into a gritty stormer somehow.
2. Tomorrow - a straightforward clubber's delight - 2-step beats, female vocals, rumbling bass, kick rushes, all that jazz.
3. Force Of Nature - more of a chill type thing but still a few dj's described it as 'tight as a teenager'. Catch the smallest edge of the bassline there.
4. Tomorrow (DTX Vip remix) - DTX remixed this earlier but apparently wasn't happy and wanted to do something new for the occasion. I'll let the audio do the talking on this one.

Sneaky peak:

Get this shit @ http://benkama.com/album/force-of-nature-ep
or @ http://soundcloud.com/kama/sets/force-of-nature-ep

peace.

PS. If you want me to return the favour and listen to some of your stuff, leave a link to this thread and I'll get on it.

damnit kama, stop being so sexy.

I am awaiting more content on the banter section on your website, which reminds me how shite my website it hah

Last edited by a moderator:
damnit kama, stop being so sexy.

I am awaiting more content on the banter section on your website, which reminds me how shite my website it hah

Cheers man, I'm doing a review/presentation on Hercules RMX dj control thingy next. Btw the vlink thing on your site really blends into the background of the buttons, it's hard to see what the text says.

Cheers man, I'm doing a review/presentation on Hercules RMX dj control thingy next. Btw the vlink thing on your site really blends into the background of the buttons, it's hard to see what the text says.

I need to redo it completely honestly hah. What program did you use for your website? Yours looks so clean!

It's a wordpress template, really easy to edit but a bit limited. Can't remember the template name. The whole site is a free blog thing from wordpress.org, I just bought the domain and forwarded that to the site.

It's a wordpress template, really easy to edit but a bit limited. Can't remember the template name. The whole site is a free blog thing from wordpress.org, I just bought the domain and forwarded that to the site.

Ah I see, I'll try using templates now actually. I thought it would bemore creative to do it all myself, but I don't have the skill to get that to look as good as a template honestly.

Ah I see, I'll try using templates now actually. I thought it would bemore creative to do it all myself, but I don't have the skill to get that to look as good as a template honestly.

Using wordpress is a breeze. I also like the fact that i dont have 'update' my page, I can just write another piece and press 'send' and it's on there. The blog base can be used creatively with things like post categories, like I have 'dubs' category and 'releases' category and by clicking the category name you can see all my dubs at once or all my releases at once etc... I didn't even realize how useful that was.

Using wordpress is a breeze. I also like the fact that i dont have 'update' my page, I can just write another piece and press 'send' and it's on there. The blog base can be used creatively with things like post categories, like I have 'dubs' category and 'releases' category and by clicking the category name you can see all my dubs at once or all my releases at once etc... I didn't even realize how useful that was.

Oh damn, I'll look into that now you put it like that.

hahaha :D exactly what i thought after i pressed "enter" :D

really digging the dtx rework tho! smasher of a tune. will play that in future sets for sure!

edit: dropped them over on your soundcloud btw

So what do i have to say about this whole thing, i haven't read any other comments so i'm clueless what they are on about, but i'll give you what i'm hearing.

Fly with you: I remember this track when the original came out, it was excellent, too bad i was a young kid back then. Nicely used vocals....the track is well built around the vocals, The track sounds very professional, but i expected this from you anyway, I like it, i wouldn't listen to it , ony my own will, but it's good and refreshing to listen to stuff out of my own subgenre.

Tomorrow: Sounds very good, loving the warm stabs, very good stuff, i played the whole track untill i noticed that it was actually playing, Mix sounds Good. Build's great... Vocals are not notch.. I like it. Got a very nice liquid vibe on it.

Force of nature: Funny how i'm not digging this track at all for some reason, the melody doesn't seem appealing to me, and the short stabby synth.. i'm not a big fan of either, but hey, can't like them all right? I do understand the quality of production , and can see that, but it seemed very dull to me, and quite lifeless. It was missing this.. certain.. "warmth" from the track, which i just didn't feel. Mix was Good though.

VIP of Tomorrow: This is lively, lovely drums, tight and punchy, snare could be heavier though. Break, got just enough movement in it, sounded good. Vocal work is excellent, with that chopping and delay on it.. When the tempo came down in the end, that came out of surprise, in a very good way, too bad he didn't use it in the middle, it would have been excellent if he had slowed it down in the middle of the track.. and then brought it up again.. would have been very refreshing. Good stuff overall.

If you want to, you can review my latest track but, doesn't matter as you aren't into neuro that much anyway, from what i've heard from your production.

Keep it up!

realy feelin these man! Bassline in tomorow is wicked and the jazzy liquid vibe on the title track. good to hear DTX do his thing as well lol

Back
Top Bottom