Ben Kama - Essays on Beauty EP (preview)

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
Just a little heads-up... These tunes will be part of an EP by me, forthcoming on a brand new Irish label Armageddon Beats.

UPDATE:

This whole thing is out now - http://www.junodownload.com/products/essays-on-beauty/1732757-02/

Floating Funk
- easy vibrations, soulsugar. Got a real summer feel to it.

Backbone is something completely different from the other tracks on this release. Murky and shit. Bouncy, rolling. I still like to think it's 'beautiful' tho, just differently, like the kid that has to be told 'you are special and beautiful in your own way' :D

Multiverse, refix of an older tune of mine - amenized jungle/deep sub vibe but with a modern liquid dancefloor interpretation.

Memories Of You is a liquid number with dancefloor appeal and a melancholic feel. Piano touches, female vocals, smooth pads, deep subs, you name it.

I will be updating this thread with the other tunes as well closer to the release and when I get them from mastering.

Last edited:
Sounds great, just wondering what kind of software you use? The kick drum is super beefy, damn son!
Just started getting more into the liquid stuff, never really used to like it before. this is tight.

Sounds great, just wondering what kind of software you use? The kick drum is super beefy, damn son!
Just started getting more into the liquid stuff, never really used to like it before. this is tight.

It's not the software that makes the music good, it's the producer. Doesnt matter what DAW you use. Anyway, I'm sure once Kama tells you what DAW he uses you'll all be like "What? no way man! thats not possible, you cant get those sounds outtaa......"

Anyway, great track again bud, I really like that you've got your own unique style, always very airy and uplifting. I like it!

It's not the software that makes the music good, it's the producer. Doesnt matter what DAW you use. Anyway, I'm sure once Kama tells you what DAW he uses you'll all be like "What? no way man! thats not possible, you cant get those sounds outtaa......"Anyway, great track again bud, I really like that you've got your own unique style, always very airy and uplifting. I like it!

Think he was just asking a general question mate. Nothing wrong in that.

Thanks.

I use FLStudio for creating the tune, then export the mixer tracks and get them to Reaper for the mixdown. Lots and lots of sample use, then Rob Papen Albino and Predator mostly for synth sounds. Basses are usually a combination of 2 synths (sub + higher one) or 1 synth and samples. On drum processing the PSP mixpack2 plugins, A free limiter called TLs2095-LA for drum busses sometimes. Then there's stuff like CamelPhat, Voxengo Boogex, FilterShaper, MS20, OhmBoyz delay, PSP Nitro etc. for sound mangling in general. I've recently started using impulse reverbs as well, SiR mostly.

Last edited:
really liking the first one, very rolling.

liquid ones i am not so keen of, i think piano and atmosphere wise they are very good, chillout tracks they work well, but i feel the bass etc takes too much of a backseat in the mix, just my preference.
the one with the amen, im not sure, but it doesnt sound as bright as id of liked to of heard it, maybe its the effect u were looking for though!

all in all cant fault them tunes are always well made just not to my taste sometimes!

nice and smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

memories of you my fave....I enjoyed the drum and bass tone the most...liquid with some bite!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom