Bellasahbella - bellasahbella

bellasahbella

Hi everyone i'm new to this forum and i would like to introduce myself posting my latest work, it's kind of noisia-neosignal inspired stuff so i hope you guys won't hate me for not making anything more classic or old school i guess?. haha i hope you guys will like it peace out :)

https://soundcloud.com/bellasahbella/demo

p.s. haven't thought of a title yet... :-/

You shouldn't. I was going to review it for you. Also, this part of the forum tend to be one of the most quiet, so you just need to be patient and the reviews would eventually come.

takes a while for people to comment mate, if you repost your track I'll give it a review

really digging the intro, great vibe, expected a bit more impact from the drop though, perhaps layer some more punchy snares with some nice reverb on them, great work

- - - Updated - - -

I relistened this and used my imagination on the drop, this could be a huge noisia banger if the drop is as powerful as the buildup, keep at this!

really digging the intro, great vibe, expected a bit more impact from the drop though, perhaps layer some more punchy snares with some nice reverb on them, great work

- - - Updated - - -

I relistened this and used my imagination on the drop, this could be a huge noisia banger if the drop is as powerful as the buildup, keep at this!

thanks for the feedback, i'm not sure about the drop either, i mean the bassline is ok but probably not the drums. i'll see what happens, the real problem is when you get used to how it sounds and can't change it otherwise hehe but thanks again

Also, this part of the forum tend to be one of the most quiet, so you just need to be patient [and comment on other people's stuff] and the reviews would eventually come.

The drums are way too quiet. The buildup to the drop sounds super messy, the b-line is really inconsistent in volume.

Not my cuppa, I think the tune's a bit too erratic and never really goes anywhere.

The drums are way too quiet. The buildup to the drop sounds super messy, the b-line is really inconsistent in volume.

Not my cuppa, I think the tune's a bit too erratic and never really goes anywhere.

You bitch slapping noobs hmmm?

Well, if that was my tune that I wanted to send to a label for possible signing and release and everything those would be the first issues I'd address.

Or maybe I'm just following my own advice, trying to get more comments on my tune. :P

thanks for your feedback mate, you may have noticed i'm not an expert when it comes to volumes, compression and mastering. hahh i'll make notes and try to fix this mess :)

Well, if that was my tune that I wanted to send to a label for possible signing and release and everything those would be the first issues I'd address.

Or maybe I'm just following my own advice, trying to get more comments on my tune. :P

to be honest i'm not looking for anything like that, making music is just a passion for me nothing else, don't want it to become a source of money or even more a job! :)

thanks again though! really appreciated

to be honest i'm not looking for anything like that..

I thiiink I might have got your thread mixed up with someone else's..

In any case; solo your bass and just look at its db meter throughout the whole track, and preferably a graphic eq or frequency analyzer and you'll see all the volume spikes.

I have a hunch you might have a low pass filter with an aggressive knee on it, which is making those spikes.

I thiiink I might have got your thread mixed up with someone else's..

In any case; solo your bass and just look at its db meter throughout the whole track, and preferably a graphic eq or frequency analyzer and you'll see all the volume spikes.

I have a hunch you might have a low pass filter with an aggressive knee on it, which is making those spikes.

to be fair i've always had the impression that the bassline was sounding weird and I haven't really been able to fix it completely, I probably just got used to how it sounded thinking it was ok. But it's not :P . I find it difficult to fix because the bassline is made of many different layers, it's not only one preset. since every note has a different lfo/pitch/whatever i have like 10 vsts playing a different preset each, there's probably filters in these presets. i'll check them out thanks a lot!

I'm liking the intro here! Quite atmospheric! But I don't know if I bite the drums after the drop. I recognize the experimentation here, please understand that. But I think some classic breaks wouldn't kill anybody! I'm also feeling that both kicks and snares could hit a bit harder. There are parts where the kick get a little lost, when the bass comes in.

Also, I think the track is a bit overcompressed (I have made this same mistake on my last track), which took some of the bass dynamics.

And, finally, you can cut that almost 30 sec of sincence outo of the end of the track! :D

I'm liking the intro here! Quite atmospheric! But I don't know if I bite the drums after the drop. I recognize the experimentation here, please understand that. But I think some classic breaks wouldn't kill anybody! I'm also feeling that both kicks and snares could hit a bit harder. There are parts where the kick get a little lost, when the bass comes in.

Also, I think the track is a bit overcompressed (I have made this same mistake on my last track), which took some of the bass dynamics.

And, finally, you can cut that almost 30 sec of sincence outo of the end of the track! :D

hahah thanks for the review, as i said earlier in this thread I'm not aiming at being published or anything serious so.. these 30 seconds are meaningless to me hahah :) i'm not good at managing volumes at all when it comes to drum and bass, there are like 10 snares and 10 vsts doing the bass so yeah I did something wrong there :P :) thanks again

Shame about the mixdown man cos this track is awesome. Drums are mad, love them. Would love to have a go at mixing/remixing this one.:)

hahah thanks for the review, as i said earlier in this thread I'm not aiming at being published or anything serious so.. these 30 seconds are meaningless to me hahah :) i'm not good at managing volumes at all when it comes to drum and bass, there are like 10 snares and 10 vsts doing the bass so yeah I did something wrong there :P :) thanks again
I don't know what DAW you use, but I normally use some colors to make things more visible. Like, the drumkit is red, bass is green, etc. This way, I keep things organised. Also, if you use FL Studio, you can try to use the plugin called "Patcher", it really helps make things cleaner.

So much variation and many ideas in there. That's both what's good about the piece and what's bad about it too.

The fact that there are loads of different things going on makes it hold your attention really well, but if you were in a club trying to dance to it, you wouldn't have much time to get in your groove before something would interrupt you.
It reminds me a of squarepusher, but less weird and more modern. Do you know squarepusher?

I think there are so many ideas in here that you need to let each section breathe and groove for a while, (about three or four times longer than it currently takes.), and maybe take longer over the transitions between the sections to make them smoother. Mind you, if you do that it'll be a twenty minute epic DnB piece. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

I'm not too sure about the swung section. It sounds great by itself, but I think it interrupts the flow of the rest the track. Perhaps make another tune which is all swung and put that in it

Maybe there's a touch too much reverb in places? That's a minor criticism though.

I agree with what's been said about volume, compression and mastering.

Overall a good piece. I like your style.

thanks smoothassilk, to be honest i do have another version of this track, and i thought it was getting too long so i cutted it this way, the swung section was something i tried to not make people bored but perhaps you're right, it may be cool but it's also weird. you're not the first one who says that there might be too much reverb, thanks though really appreciated

Shame about the mixdown man cos this track is awesome. Drums are mad, love them. Would love to have a go at mixing/remixing this one.:)

oh well that's still fixable heheh thanks man :) i'll let you know if i get it done :)

I don't know what DAW you use, but I normally use some colors to make things more visible. Like, the drumkit is red, bass is green, etc. This way, I keep things organised. Also, if you use FL Studio, you can try to use the plugin called "Patcher", it really helps make things cleaner.

I do use FL STUDIO, if you saw a snapshot of my project everything is coloured, grouped, layered, in order, i just seem to be crap ad compressing and mastering :) i might be lacking of some theory, or maybe i just need better speakers? thanks

Back
Top Bottom