Behringer... really that bad??

MARLZTAH

++DuB PrOFesSoR++
VIP Junglist
Before we start, I dont want this to become a Behringer hate thread, just a healthy discussion :)

I know alot alot of people say behringer products are a load of shit but are they really that bad?? ive never used a behringer mixer personally, but i know they have made some quality stuff in the past including speakers, amps, mics, rack gear and other stuff

ive noticed that all they seem to make nowadays is all this budget stuff but is it really that bad?? i mean a djm clone for a fraction of the price cant be that bad... can they??

you cant really expect a urei or allen & heath for that price.... although before u all stone me.... i know you can get a quality vestax mixer for the same price, but u only get a basic model

anyways my point is... is all this budget behringer equipment really all that bad for the price?? post your experiences.... not just "behringer stuff iz shit" pleassse :razz:

I got a Behringer djx700 (or w/e) to replace my Vestax. I guess I can only say a few things. I've never played on a DJM600. The Behringer I'm using is puttin in work though! S'been a solid erformer and I've not had any problems, really. I don't like the placement of the headphone jack but that 's my only gripe... Sure, one day, I'll grab a DJM600 but this is toooootally getting me by.

i got djx 700
hav to say i really like it!
only bad thing is the effects button is broke an a couple of phono/line switches but thats from me being drunk messin about trying to scratch without the fader!lol
overall it aint no pioneer but for the price it does the job!

i mean a djm clone for a fraction of the price cant be that bad... can they??

Yes, it is that bad.

The fader goes to fuck after a month.

The channel faders never work properly from the beginning (they jump from nothing to loud at around the 7 mark).

The effects are shite and all sound the same.

The build quality is horrendous.

The sound gets distorted through the mixer.

There is a good reason a 600 costs as much as it does.

As for the two comments above me saying its fine - all I can say it that two friends of mine bought the 700 shite and they were saying its a 600 but cheaper blah blah for a month and then they went into straight ImneverbuyingBehringeragain mode.

With musical equipment you can have two out of three at the same time:
1) cheap
2) bells & whistles
3) quality

If its cheap and has bells & whistles, its shite. If its cheap and quality you don't get the whistles. If its quality and has b&w, its gonna cost ya.

Before we start, I dont want this to become a Behringer hate thread, just a healthy discussion :)

I know alot alot of people say behringer products are a load of shit but are they really that bad?? ive never used a behringer mixer personally, but i know they have made some quality stuff in the past including speakers, amps, mics, rack gear and other stuff

ive noticed that all they seem to make nowadays is all this budget stuff but is it really that bad?? i mean a djm clone for a fraction of the price cant be that bad... can they??

you cant really expect a urei or allen & heath for that price.... although before u all stone me.... i know you can get a quality vestax mixer for the same price, but u only get a basic model

anyways my point is... is all this budget behringer equipment really all that bad for the price?? post your experiences.... not just "behringer stuff iz shit" pleassse :razz:

The thing is.... its just not a DJM..... the build quality isnt very good... as evident by most people who have it for a while saying... "its really good but..... this is broken... that is broke"
you wont get that with the DJM series. I bought the DJM600 many years ago..... only just replaced it with the 800 recently.... and i sold it to a mte of mine.... the DJM 600 is still going as strong as ever... in fact theres nothing wrong with it at all....... its 6 years old maybe more.... find me a 6 year old DJX.... that still has nothing worng with it.

So lets look at it like this way..... average time the DJX lasts for without something breaking.... 1 maybe 1.5 years..... how much are they now?? £140? so £140 X 5yrs = 700..... which mixer do you rekon is cheaper now? The DJM600 - £540

i got djx 700
hav to say i really like it!
only bad thing is the effects button is broke an a couple of phono/line switches but thats from me being drunk messin about trying to scratch without the fader!lol
overall it aint no pioneer but for the price it does the job!

It's fine for a beginner for sure. I've had mine about a year and I find it fine to practice on. Looking to upgrade at the end of the year though.

Most of this Behringer slagging is against the DJX 700 which does look like a cheap & nasty mixer du what about the DDM4000 ( http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR222399 ) this looks like a decent mixer.

That's exactly the point it looks like a decent mixer - but can you see how many features that thing has got (have a look at dustek's post - he is so right)

There is no way you can pack that many features into a mixer without compromising on the quality of components that go into it - the wiring, the faders, the circuit boards etc. They're all going to be made out of extremely cheaply built components, which although do the job they are supposed to do, have no build quality or durability - which is why one of these things will go wrong in no time!

Not to mention that there's so many things on there it just increases the chances of something going wrong!

Think about it guys, the cost of 5 x faders alone would probably cost half the price of this whole mixer, so what kinda junk do you think they're stuffing in there?

Behringer mixers are shit. My friend had one. Couple of months and fader just stopped working. Few days later all other things stopped working too.
But I have heard that some other Behringer products are pretty good. Still i don't recommend Behringer.

But when you pay £80 first hand for a Behringer DJX700 all doesn't seem so bad really
:crazy: :crazy:

Yes it does when its a piece of crap! That's why it costs 80 quid!

By yourself something halfway decent for the money.

What would you prefer a 2 channel mixer that doesn't bleed sound and the faders work or one that had lots of buttons and faders but ruins your sound?

Most of this Behringer slagging is against the DJX 700 which does look like a cheap & nasty mixer du what about the DDM4000 ( http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR222399 ) this looks like a decent mixer.

Again, its costs a fraction of what 'equivalent' mixers from better manufacturers cost and that tells you everything you need to know.

Don't think that all the difference is massive profit for Pioneer, Vestax...

Behringer speakers are fine, in contrast.

The channel faders never work properly from the beginning (they jump from nothing to loud at around the 7 mark).

:word:

yeah, they're fine for beginers for sure. you can't dispute that.
i've had mine a year and it's just start to show signs of wear and tear on the eq's. but apart from that it's still been pretty sturdy.

i'd say if you're serious about your sound, then avoid them completely. but for practicing and starting out. they're fine. nice and cheap, and gives you an idea about other mixers they're modeled on.

currently looking at getting a djm600. but i seem to keep on missing them on ebay.

With musical equipment you can have two out of three at the same time:
1) cheap
2) bells & whistles
3) quality

Exactly this. The EQs are much like the faders too, in that they almost act like a switch.

IMO if you want something cheap then go for something simple. There's no point investing money into FX, or 4 channels when you only use 2, if that money could be better spent elsewhere

Me and two of my mates all started off with Behringer mixers, all different models...

I had the DX626
One mate had the VMX100
And the other had the VMX200

These were all 'brand new' mixers, but after 3 months...

On the DX626, the right upfader stopped working all together, I had to take it apart and solder the connectors back on.

On the VMX100, the crossfader would only play one side, so you could only use the upfaders.

On the VMX200, the right channel got 'stiff' and you had to 'wiggle' the fader for the connection to work.

On all of them, the cueing switches were dodgey...

Ok, so for the price what do you expect?
Ok, so we were beginner DJ's, we might of been a little heavy handed with these mixers?
But I still think they should last longer than 3 months, at least a year.

every thing i need on mine still works an all the other bits that broke are because i was hammerin em!lol
but obviously its not amazin but if yer on a tite budget it does the job!

Yes, it is that bad.

The fader goes to fuck after a month.

The build quality is horrendous.

Heard things like that of many people. Especially for the 700 mixer.

I own a ddm4000 and i rate this mixer.... for the money i seem to have got a hell of a lot. Cant anyone see a pattern here.... "the djx700 is shit" ...... and of course anything cheaper than it is probs gonna be aswell... they all seem to look like there using the same parts.... thats why i chose to get a ddm4000 because it doesnt... plus it has a 12 month warranty

Back
Top Bottom