DnB Beginning

if you want honest feedback, I should say that the wobble-like mid-range bassline should be more synced to the drums. I don't know what subgenre of dnb are you aiming for, but you could add some variation after the drop. At least one breakdown for example. I like the sound of the snare. Maybe try to expose that more? What do you think?

Well, I'm not aiming for a particular sub-genre. I just make music and try and make it good. If it fits into a genre, that's coincidental.
Does 4.28 not count as a breakdown? It's definitely variation, but I'm thinking that I should make it more minimal, and maybe it should come earlier in the track?

I might try sidechaining some things in the the drums to some parts of the bass and see what the effect of that is. (Kick to sub/reese thing, snare to wobble, or both to wobble.)
I might also mess about with the different sections and put them in a different order.

theres some cool elements.
thought the strings intro was too long.
and the second part of the first break didnt work for me.
drums were cool when it all drops at 2 12.

I got the kick and snare straight out of the Billain sample pack, which was a bit lazy of me, but that is what sample packs are for, so I thought I'd be ok doing that. It's not like I used a construction kit. :D

When you say the second part of the first break, do you mean 1.34, those few short bars just before the drop?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom