Beginning CDJs?

DNBLemons

I have around £500, and I really want a pair of cdjs.. I just have no clue what to get, I've heard Citronic MPCDX1s are good and Axis 9s. Any recommendations? I'll definitely save up next year for a pair of Pioneers, but first I'd rather get to grips with everything first then upgrade!

Much appreciated if you can give some insight to this :')

If your just trying out to see if mixing is for you, i recommend getting a cheap shitty midi controller. If its for you, upgrade to cdj's or turntables ASAP (longer you stay on midi the worse).

You can pick up a pair of pioneer cdj's on gumtree and that for less than 500 (or around that mark). If your certain its something you want to persue, i definately recommend going for used decent gear. After all, pioneer gear seem to retain their resale value quite well should you decide it isnt for you.

Yeah, I've wanted to get into it for quite awhile now! Started a music technology course at college so I'm definitely persuing this ;O!

but the money aspect! although I have a fair amount, thats for everything.. a pair of speakers, mixer and headphones! Saving for Pioneers next year, when I have quite a bit of time to practice and get into it.

numark ndx400's or 800s if you can stretch a bit futher, these are great learner decks and the 800s are numarks version of the pioneer 1000s...

i have the numark 400s and the mixer for about £300.. and i learnt to mix on CDJs and dont find them that different to use

numark ndx400's or 800s if you can stretch a bit futher, these are great learner decks and the 800s are numarks version of the pioneer 1000s...

i have a pioneer cdj 800 and the numark ndx 800 you're talking about. Both great in their own ways. Numark has some cool features, even an effects unit. Also usb playback which is cool and a screen which tells you far more than the pioneer. But at the same time you can't replicate the feeling of a pioneer and you simply can't beat it imo. It feels just right and nothing else feels the same. You could get a pair of either deck for £500-600 and i'm sure you will be happy with either but personally id go for a pair of Pioneer cdj800 mk2s.

If your just trying out to see if mixing is for you, i recommend getting a cheap shitty midi controller. If its for you, upgrade to cdj's or turntables ASAP (longer you stay on midi the worse).

You can pick up a pair of pioneer cdj's on gumtree and that for less than 500 (or around that mark). If your certain its something you want to persue, i definately recommend going for used decent gear. After all, pioneer gear seem to retain their resale value quite well should you decide it isnt for you.

In stead of starting a new thread with same question i thought id jack this one hope thats ok :P. Dedbult u speak sense man could you give me an example of one of these cheap midi controllers (ive had a look myself but im not sure even what im looking at is the right business im completely new to this)

Back
Top Bottom