Beginners Deck set up advice

5AMBO

Holla,

I am after a full vinyl deck set up to get started with very little knowledge of what I should be looking for and could really do with some pointing in the right direction.

Cheers

do not get belt drives.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

also where do you shop muzz :P 250 for a pair of technics? you avin a laff ;) cheapest I've seen really is £400 for an alright looking pair

got mine for 300quid with a mint condition numark dxm09 for 300quid mate. the deals are out there, trust me!

I know I'll probably get slated on here for saying this but if you can't afford the technics (which are definetly the best), I would look into some numark tt500, they're pretty cheap and I think they're comparable to technics, again though it's justy opinion and if you can afford the technics you won't be dissapointed

Holla,

I am after a full vinyl deck set up to get started with very little knowledge of what I should be looking for and could really do with some pointing in the right direction.

Cheers

What sort of budget do you have?

Most people will recomend Technics, but as these are quite expensive I would recoment going for a starter set up. something like the Nu Mark Battle pack. It will only cost you around £200 and you get decks, mixer, headphones and carts. Where as a Technics set up will cost you around £300 - £400 for the turntables second hand, then you still have a mixer and headphones to buy, more than likely Carts and Stylus as well

thinkin of sellin mine an gettin cd decks, u can hav em for cheap (2 stanton t60s and il chuck in the mixer, stanton m201) say 150ish? got aload of vinyl i wnt need so u can hav a few to sweeten the deal. all in perfect condition with sum gd quality needles.

I know I'll probably get slated on here for saying this but if you can't afford the technics (which are definetly the best), I would look into some numark tt500, they're pretty cheap and I think they're comparable to technics, again though it's justy opinion and if you can afford the technics you won't be dissapointed

I might just slate you for assuming u'd get slated =P

As everyone has already said go Technics, definitely the best.

However, if you can't afford this hunt around on ebay, most direct drives will be fine for beginners.

I managed to bag a pair of Gemini XL-500II and a Numark DXM06 for £130 with delivery straight to my door.

Might not be the best turntables ever, but they definitely do the job until i can afford more expensive ones.

Keep looking on ebay, or on here, a good deal will come up.

I played on my mates MK2's for the first time about a week or so ago, compared to my MK5's and the difference in tourque is very very noticable. You can very easily stop the MK2's will little pressure, so what I am trying to say, is if you are going for techincs, splash that little bit more for the much superior decks.

I played on my mates MK2's for the first time about a week or so ago, compared to my MK5's and the difference in tourque is very very noticable. You can very easily stop the MK2's will little pressure, so what I am trying to say, is if you are going for techincs, splash that little bit more for the much superior decks.

I stand corrected, I think his decks are fucked......

Don't get cheap budget shit, completely 100% false economy.. Buy decent, then you wont have to buy again, simple.

Back
Top Bottom