Begginer!!!help!!!

Discussion in 'Production' started by BDS, Apr 18, 2008.

1. BDS

BDS Active Member

Ez Lads

Need some help gettin started can any1 reccomend an affordable laptop to start producing on???

Im gonna be using an all in 1 package like reason or sumin.

Appreciated...

Peace

2. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Fruity Loops.

Reason is not a good place to start.

3. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

i agree..... plus i wouldnt really recommend using a laptop either.... just get yourself a decent PC..... but if you really want to use a laptop just go and buy yourself a Apple laptop of sort.... much more stable and reliable than windows PCs. which is what you need when your producing.... well in my opinion anyway.

4. BDS

BDS Active Member

What spec am I lookin at for a desktop/mac?

And is fruity loops all in 1?

5. McJoggbo

McJoggbo because bass matters

well if your going with fruityloops your going to need a pc. i would say with a gb of ram if your going to be running alot of vsts. a decent soundcard is essential for obvious reasons. cant think of anything else that matters really.

6. BDS

BDS Active Member

7. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yep unfotuantely you cant get fruity on Mac.... which is a shame... because the logical step up form Fruity loops is Logic Pro.... which you can only get on a Mac..... i would recommend using Fruity to learn on as it will teach you all the main features and will give you enough access to everything you might want to do as well as being easy to use....

If your looking for a good spec... then you will basicly need as good a PC as you can afford....... whats i recently advised a friend of mine was to search the net for Gaming PC's.... these are good because Gaming PC's genrally have to have really good RAM and processing speed which is what you will need to produce... exept you wont need the graphics card.... so what most Gaming PC builders usually let you do is downgrade your graphics card and get a decent Audio card....... look for a Phono in/out puts for your audio card... not many have that... but its essential.....

8. souljah

souljah liquid lover...

i just started playing on fruity loops. it didnt take long for me to guess my way around sure its gonna take some time to get something half decent though. i like the way u can just drag the vsts in.