Before I go on

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by IV4, Oct 21, 2011.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Before I go on and make this track could any body give me some solid advice. How is this sounding? What could I try that I never had before? How is the flow? What is this missing? Don't be gentle be honest and tell me what you think to the best of your ability. Thank you for helping me make this song.

2. Juxly

Juxly Member

i would like to hear your mids alittle fuller. same with your drums. but good flow

3. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Don't really like the offbeat synth vibe at 22 seconds. Some nice bass sounds/movement in there, but yeah they could be a bit more forward in the mix and more menacing.
    The drums sound clean. Overall it doesn't gel for me, it's a bit dark, dirty, clean, bouncy, light all at once.

Listened again on better headphones and I do really like the bass work. Still don't like the offbeat synth.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. dj cluster

dj cluster Member

drums sound very good... I would also decrease the first wooble resonance
    :)

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Really nice bass work here, not sure on the subtle pitch bends on it, but the sound is cool. Drums need to be EQ'ed better, but overall it's got potential....keep with it!

6. Silent Union

Silent Union Member

Just a thought (and I'm no expert), but I think the offbeat synth you have might have a better effect with sidechaining. Might make the track flow more? I agree that it does have potential though.

7. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Its ok man. Lacks structure though. In terms of bassline more than anything i think...

8. nusphere

nusphere Member

I think your bass is losing energy with all the panning that's going on. I suppose it kinda has strange call and response thing going on here, perhaps you could develope that aspect more but with less panning. But yeah it does need more overal form and structure, need to feel it's taking me somewhere.

9. bansal321

bansal321 Member

i think the drums need to be more prominant, and not too sure about the synth that comes in around 0.23 mark.... but i like the bass effect in this, i can see what you're trying to go for, but its not quite there.... maybe try using some fucked up drum patterns to go with the bass line?.... might be an idea

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011