Multi Genre Been away a while Scrapheaper - Untitled WIP (wonky/cinematic)

smoothassilk

VIP Junglist
Maybe one day I'll remember to stop overcomplicating my tracks :/

Some more musical elements in this one, not sure it really passes for dancefloor music but not all music has to be dancable right?

It's a bit long and I also haven't worked out how to transition into the 3rd section yet or what I want the 3rd section to be other than a little tempo/time signature switch.

www.soundcloud.com/scrapheaper/untitled-wip/s-6iY96

All thoughts appreciated

damn you got some mad creativity going on in this tracks, really unique. You don't adhere to the existing rules, but just seem to do your own thing, nice haha. Technical-wise I would say it would sounds good!

Thanks for your kind words man.

I want to really push the loudness on this one so need the mastering to be on point, but I haven't done much of that yet.

Also feel like the end needs more direction and need to find a more coherent 3rd section.

Really a creative and well done track, add some weight to the snare though, it sounds so hollow.

I just need to reiterate how creative the track came out the track

I left feedback,

"Cool Panning right from the start. Busy Intro... lots of low end in that 303. Bloody 'ell, this thing is squashed pretty loud.. although I can't really complain as it sounds great in my cheap headphones. No distortion at high volumes, huuuuge Mixdown and Master going on here. Hmm, 1:26, it sounds like that 303 has some kind of Pulse Width Modulation going on, something that is being automated to widen the stereo image back and forth; I like it.

2:07 - I like the Flanger automation, that was neat. Overall, I feel like the Intro was so big and powerful that for the first minutes you need to follow that with more elements, it feels too minimal to me. The exra Lead around 2:45ish is welcome and is adding some playfulness to the hard edge acid sound established by the 303. 3:12 something could come in the form of melody imo... I like the added percussion around this time, but it still feels way too minimal for me.

Cool minimal Acid Electro tune, I wish it did more. Sounds huge."

I left feedback,

"Cool Panning right from the start. Busy Intro... lots of low end in that 303. Bloody 'ell, this thing is squashed pretty loud.. although I can't really complain as it sounds great in my cheap headphones. No distortion at high volumes, huuuuge Mixdown and Master going on here. Hmm, 1:26, it sounds like that 303 has some kind of Pulse Width Modulation going on, something that is being automated to widen the stereo image back and forth; I like it.

2:07 - I like the Flanger automation, that was neat. Overall, I feel like the Intro was so big and powerful that for the first minutes you need to follow that with more elements, it feels too minimal to me. The exra Lead around 2:45ish is welcome and is adding some playfulness to the hard edge acid sound established by the 303. 3:12 something could come in the form of melody imo... I like the added percussion around this time, but it still feels way too minimal for me.

Cool minimal Acid Electro tune, I wish it did more. Sounds huge."
Thanks for listening, but it was the other tune I was looking for feedback on, that one is just my signature, not sure how to turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom