been a while dnbforum.... latest preview of a heavier dnb track

"..can only hope to improve." That is quite ironic. I like the melody, so catchy.

You know, I don't know what it is, but I just don't like how clean it sounds. I suppose that's just personal taste. Other than that it sounds good.

i imagine this would fit nicely running through the blade runner future los angeles.

i feel like the mix needs more work. the drums and bass espsecially need to sound big. id layer a lower synth under the main line. more cymbals in the background. workign with the snare and kick especially. leaving space for the way the hi hats sound, which is very technical or straight but you pull it off.

how do u achieve that massive epic fucking splash on your tunes its insane, all your work is always insane! fucking bass and melody work is ridiculously good, i do wanna hear a bit more low end and thump from the kick though!

Very fucking good. A little more filtering on the bass/leads. And yeah make that kick kick you in teh face. A little more pop in the high end fo teh snare.

how do u achieve that massive epic fucking splash on your tunes its insane, all your work is always insane! fucking bass and melody work is ridiculously good, i do wanna hear a bit more low end and thump from the kick though!

lotta layering - synths drums etc
resampling and distortion on bus channel mainly
try offsetting crashes and cymbals hard left and right to create splash and width
luck, haha

but thanks for the feedback bud, ill get on that kick

I really like it. Full of energy and the main bass sounds are pleasant to the ears.

Back
Top Bottom