Been A Long Time

beknoxx

7/11 7/11
VIP Junglist
EZ all......

So I have been gone for a few due to work. Worked 40 days 15 16 hour days took 2 off and then worked another 30 straight the same way. Along that way I had a severe storm that crashed my computer and lost all my tunes only to have them salvaged a couple of weeks later. Anyway finally got a chance to play on a friends show so I just grabbed some tunes by people that I am really into right now and then went and played and it turned out really good so I tried to recreate it(Never works ha ha) and it turned out pretty good. I didn't nail it as good as I did on the show but still happy with it. Thanks to any listens and feedback.

TL
1. Transparent - These Promises
2. M-Soul,S27 and Mombosh - As I'm Drifting feat. Shanna
3. Mystic State and D-side - Creep
4. Enei - Just One Look feat. Charli Brix
5. Villem and Mcleod - Make Tomorrow feat. Totum
6. Tokyo Prose - Tell Me
7. Calibre - Key Flix
8. Alix Perez - Losing You
9. Nausika - Dominion
10. Amoss - Stalling Theme feat. Viv May and C. Tivey
11. Bredren - Mechanica
12. M-Soul,S27,Mombosh and Medisin - We Count These Moments feat. Anna Rune
13. Bredren - LRC
14. The Insiders - Falling
15. Joakuim - Hometown
16. Anile - City Of Injustice feat. DRS
17. Tokyo Prose - Dawn Chorus
18. Calibre - Another
19. Facing Jinx - Hungry
20. Arkaik - Wusi Street
21. Enei and Kasra - Overthinking feat. DRS
22. Amoss - Liqer
23. Alix Perez - Playing Games feat. D.Ablo

Just seen this posted on SC, on this!

Thanks sicx! This one is just some straight dnb since I was playin a show.....doing halftime next but hope u enjoy this one. I got one that if I ever get around to recording it I would actually like for u to listen to ......its kind of out of the box for me but I think it's up your alley.
Ez

All over this as usual. I've been into this style lately so I'll give it a listen soon. Still need to visit you guys in Roanoke too :teeth:

Thanks mang...hope u enjoy it. Might be playing in december. Will let u know if its something u can make!

will be giving this one a go mate!

Safe Danny always look forward to your input..still waiting on a new one from you.
well get on this tomorrow mate
Yeah, man, on it!

Safe fellas! Hope its up to both of your standards. Two of my favorite djs on the forum and well respected.

This is mint, Knoxx! Well balanced between deep dancefloor bouncers and melodic liquid goodness. Really vibed out hard to this. The mixing itself was absolutely stellar. Very few seams at all, and those were really not so noticeable anyway. Very strong presentation! Some of my favorites were Overthinking -> Liqer (drop was sick!) and the mix with Losing You. Some real choice tunes in here too by some underrated producers: Mystic State and Facing Jinx, though totally different, both need more recognition! This was overall brilliant, bruv! Keep it up!

This is mint, Knoxx! Well balanced between deep dancefloor bouncers and melodic liquid goodness. Really vibed out hard to this. The mixing itself was absolutely stellar. Very few seams at all, and those were really not so noticeable anyway. Very strong presentation! Some of my favorites were Overthinking -> Liqer (drop was sick!) and the mix with Losing You. Some real choice tunes in here too by some underrated producers: Mystic State and Facing Jinx, though totally different, both need more recognition! This was overall brilliant, bruv! Keep it up!

Thanks HAB....means a lot seriously. I can't tell you how much I have learned from listening to mixes and feedback from this forum. I have done these kinds of mixes with this vibe before and they always turn out pretty good. This was only the second time I actually played this set and I think I played it better the first time TBH. I went back and listened to this again and nit picked it to death...prolly should have did it one more time.
Absolutely love anything mystic state puts out and agree very underrated. Thank you again for the thoughts.

Tell Me > Key Flix > Losing You was a tidy section.

Don't know why I pigeon-hole DJ's into stereotypes but didn't have you down as mixing deeper liquid kinda tunes - always remember your first mixes posted on the forum which were more techy/steppy. Nice to see some diversity.

Big ups.

Just finished listening through the mix while taking my dog to the park. Fantastic from start to finish. My favorite sections were from Just One Look to Dominion and from City of Injustice to the end...I've had a lot of these tracks in my rotation lately so it was good to hear them in a mix. Hope to see you play out soon

Tell Me > Key Flix > Losing You was a tidy section.

Don't know why I pigeon-hole DJ's into stereotypes but didn't have you down as mixing deeper liquid kinda tunes - always remember your first mixes posted on the forum which were more techy/steppy. Nice to see some diversity.

Big ups.

Safe Agent! Thanks for the listen and comments mang. I do the same thing with people on here. I still remember your mix where u started with halftime and I thought I clicked on the wrong post ha ha. But I have always played this kind of stuff. It's my favorite sound next to halftime right now. I have just played this kind of stuff for so long that the halftime still sounds fresh to me. Been a while for something from you but I saw you were playin grooves so maybe a promo mix soon?
Ez

Just finished listening through the mix while taking my dog to the park. Fantastic from start to finish. My favorite sections were from Just One Look to Dominion and from City of Injustice to the end...I've had a lot of these tracks in my rotation lately so it was good to hear them in a mix. Hope to see you play out soon
Thanks mang....glad u enjoyed it. I always pick these things apart and think of how I could have done so much better but I think I get better with each one. As far as playing out goes I hardly ever do. No Facebook and don't produce so don't really get offered gigs much and if I do its some crazy shit like no money to drive two days and nowhere to stay ha ha.

I know what you mean, not having Facebook makes it harder for me to stay up to date on everything. I always find out about events when it's too late and I've already got other stuff going on. Just tonight I found out Hybrid Minds are playing here in Richmond on the 28th, but that's both the day my mom is doing Thanksgiving and my brother's birthday so I'm already tied up all night. If nothing else I may visit the Roanoke area sometime next spring or summer once I'm caught up with all the work I need to do on my project car

Yeah, I told my brother about it. I don't know what his plans are for the evening but I threw that out there in case he didn't have anything going on. He likes some dnb but I don't know if Hybrid Minds would be his style...let's just say he wouldn't feel very welcome on this forum :teeth:

Safe Agent! Thanks for the listen and comments mang. I do the same thing with people on here. I still remember your mix where u started with halftime and I thought I clicked on the wrong post ha ha. But I have always played this kind of stuff. It's my favorite sound next to halftime right now. I have just played this kind of stuff for so long that the halftime still sounds fresh to me. Been a while for something from you but I saw you were playin grooves so maybe a promo mix soon?
Ez

Yea think that was my rolling straight through mix - I actually already dropped a Grooves promo mix sometime last year. Should be up on their SC page think I was ironically 007 lol.

May possibly pull my finger out and record a little something but time/work/life etc currently halting anything. Will see what I can do ;)

Big ups man

Back
Top Bottom