Been a little quiet last weeks, so here's a little monsterous preview for you guys!

Re: Been a little quiet last weeks, so here's a little monsterous preview for you guy

real nice production level on this but i dunno; im not the biggest fan of dubstep but this sounds pretty generic and samey as a lot of stuff thats circulating at the moment. feels like it needs some glitch moments or something but cant really fault your production

Re: Been a little quiet last weeks, so here's a little monsterous preview for you guy

sounding good so far man, more low end on that bass though, sure you got it covered since its a wip

Yeah, haven't done the mixing part, just been laying down the basic idea and yeah felt like sharing it. All responses are welcome!
Been having good responses from labels recently, got some releases coming up in Dubstep AND Drum & Bass ;) So I'll be releasing all the details about it as soon as possible.
Just check my website to keep up to date with the details. The things I know for sure are the following.

The first release will be march 29th, "Wilderness" is going to be on the remix album from IDthePoet and it will be FREE for download.
Next one is "PEZ - At The Club (ARTFX Remix)", which is gonna be available on iTunes with the "At The Club - The Remixes".
Also working on a double release on Echowide Music, a Macedonian digital label. More info about the track titles soon.

Little updated version in the opening post! :D
God I love this project.

sounding alright man

Yeah I like this one mate, you're doing alot of stuff recently with vocals arent ya? are they ripped from the net, or have you managed to bag yourself a couple of vocalists?

looking forward to hearing the finished product

It's all original and official, nothing stolen from the web. I have the acapella from the original artist, the last Drum & Bass tune "Wilderness" has vocals from the same artist and is gonna be released on his remix album March the 29th.
I'm trying to get in contact with more vocalists lately, and some of my biggest friends who have a Dutch Hiphop crew started doing English stuff too. So maybe I'm gonna do a project with them.

production is fat as ever, not a style i really feel tbh, but i know fat bass when i hear it :D nice work

Sounding sick mate! Proper rowdy, makes me wanna go and skate ridiculously fast down a hill or something! Lyrics add to it nicely as well.

It's all original and official, nothing stolen from the web. I have the acapella from the original artist, the last Drum & Bass tune "Wilderness" has vocals from the same artist and is gonna be released on his remix album March the 29th.
I'm trying to get in contact with more vocalists lately, and some of my biggest friends who have a Dutch Hiphop crew started doing English stuff too. So maybe I'm gonna do a project with them.

told ya this would be to your benefit ;)

i like your bass but i think your drums need to punch through a wee bit more

production is fat as ever, not a style i really feel tbh, but i know fat bass when i hear it :D nice work

Thanks, thats the reason there are multiple styles of Dubstep. :D

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:22 ----------

Sounding sick mate! Proper rowdy, makes me wanna go and skate ridiculously fast down a hill or something! Lyrics add to it nicely as well.

I can imagine what you mean, since I'm a skateboarder myself.
But yeah, fucked my knee summer 2010 and still can't skate till November. :P

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:23 ----------

ye nice bass man what fx u use?

Bass is done with couple of Massive patches, layered with Sylenth1. Added some Ohmicide multiband distortion.
Also I added the "Big Tick Nasty Shaper", believe me it exists. It's a pretty ugly looking thing but yeah it works like a charm!
I haven't done any resampling yet, and still want the bass to be a little sharper.

I also started using Fabfilter Timeless 2, which is really outstanding for interesting effects, as well as PSP Nitro.
Next to that the native Cubase 5 plugins.

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

told ya this would be to your benefit ;)

I knew it already, but I wanted to wait till I've had reached this level I'm at now.
So yeah, you could expect more vocalists soon! :D

---------- Post added at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

i like your bass but i think your drums need to punch through a wee bit more

Yeahh, haven't done mixdown and mastering yet, also everything still needs to be EQ'ed properly.
The sub needs to punch through even more, so as the drums, but that is going to happen.
Also I haven't added that much of a percussion element to it, so that will be tomorrow.

I knew it already, but I wanted to wait till I've had reached this level I'm at now.
So yeah, you could expect more vocalists soon! :D

Fuck-yeah.jpg

nice one (y)

Hahaa any more comments?

cheers budy il try some of them bad boys out

not bad man, bass could do with more clarity, but im only listening on headphones..
bass needs a bit more varity i think, maybe the melody too.
but overall, its no bad, and i dnt like this sort of dubstep much

not bad man, bass could do with more clarity, but im only listening on headphones..
bass needs a bit more varity i think, maybe the melody too.
but overall, its no bad, and i dnt like this sort of dubstep much

Yeahh I'm going to work on more bass sounds, so it's gonna be a little more choppy. :D

Back
Top Bottom