beatmatching

tru dat...they need to b locked before i begin the transition
cheers for all the help but there is one more thing...
i know confidence plays a big part when playing out....i want to know if the more you do it the easier it comes naturally

I prefer the opposite.

If the drums are all over the place to begin with then correctin em (at the speed of light) skiffing the platter to slow down and twisting the bit in the middle (ca mind what its called) to speed up, as well as hands on the pitch n ultrapitch and eq's and crossfader fuk i need more hands so then they then are locked.
But it's a combination of the above during the mix that I find the challenge, trying to keeep it all rolling and bounce off the walls, the crowd and the celing drink n smoke take numbers :D let the random asking "what tune is that" know what the tune is.....

It just gives me this fuzzy feeling:inlove:.

I just wonder if thomas edison knew that his invention would have such an impact on youth today?

lol pretty much every dj i know or have seen djing uses all the EQ's (unless there proper noobs) mate trust me, try it out when you get the hang of it, it really helps.
on some mixes you can make it sound like you've EQ'ed the beat out completly but the melody is still there (Mr happy - hazard) << this is a perfect example of a good tune to use creative EQ.

ok. i'll try eqing next time i mix. thanks for the tips.

when you mix a tune you have to use the pitch to get it in time, its a BIG part of mixing lol, all im saying is if you can get the tune roughly in time from the very first beat you can mix it in while your pitch shifting, therfore mixing while your beat matching and using the EQ's as a kind of filter, trust me give it a go, if you use the EQ's properly you can get away with beats being slighty out of time, loads of dj's do this.
Its called creative EQ

I know exactly what you're talking about mate, I tend to do this a lot as well. Just didnt quite understand from your previous post, feeling a bit dopey today. hahaaha. Big up mate.

EDIT: Although if I'm recording, the tunes have to be locked. No exceptions there...

Last edited:
I know exactly what you're talking about mate, I tend to do this a lot as well. Just didnt quite understand from your previous post, feeling a bit dopey today. hahaaha. Big up mate.

EDIT: Although if I'm recording, the tunes have to be locked. No exceptions there...
mate it dont matter if your recording, it should still sound ok, i use this technique for every mix i do and it sounds fine, download my mix and give it a listen, every mix is creatively EQ'ed

Course - ideally I want them locked before I start my mix...

But y'know, sometimes there just aint the time if you've only got 8 bars or summat...

Different strokes for different folks though - some people like to do it one way, others another... That's how come DJ's all have their own style, and why we don't all sound the same, it's not just down to tune selection!

If I'm honest, my style is a little is a bit weird - I used to be all about getting things locked perfectly and doing a smooth mix... But I've changed style over the last year or so going for more double drops, more teases... Think I've just been listening to too much Mampi...

Seems to ge down well when I play though...

█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄ is laughter at someone else's expense (from the German concept of "Schadenfreude".) This makes it inherently superior to lesser forms of humor. Just as the element of surprise transforms the physical act of love into something beautiful, the anguish of a laughed-at victim transforms lol into lulz, making it longer, girthier, and more pleasurable. The term lulz was coined by Jameth, and is the only good reason to do anything, from trolling to consensual sex. After every action taken, you must make the epilogic dubious disclaimer: "I did it for the lulz". Sometimes you may see the word spelled as luls but only if you are reading something written by a faggot. It's also Dutch for cock.

█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄ is laughter at someone else's expense (from the German concept of "Schadenfreude".) This makes it inherently superior to lesser forms of humor. Just as the element of surprise transforms the physical act of love into something beautiful, the anguish of a laughed-at victim transforms lol into lulz, making it longer, girthier, and more pleasurable. The term lulz was coined by Jameth, and is the only good reason to do anything, from trolling to consensual sex. After every action taken, you must make the epilogic dubious disclaimer: "I did it for the lulz". Sometimes you may see the word spelled as luls but only if you are reading something written by a faggot. It's also Dutch for cock.
ok then mate:lol:

Back
Top Bottom