beatmatching

oman

know it might be in the wrong section, but how quickly in general can u get tunes roughly locked

just curious to see where im at in comparison

prob bout a 2 seconds maybe 3 depends on the setup and where i am, if its a different atmosphere (like in a club) your mind not be 100% concetrating on the decks.

has it always been like that or does the time get shorter after practice....sound like more of a novis than i am

and dont lie riisu iv heard ur mixes

besides. i don't get why you'd be hung up on the speed to 'getting the mix in' it really doesn't matter unless you're friction and cueing stuff up 8 bars before the drop.

know it might be in the wrong section, but how quickly in general can u get tunes roughly locked

just curious to see where im at in comparison

No time at all, just pull out a vinyl, put it on the decks, get it spinning and put down the stylus and its locked with the track already playing. I don't even own a pair of headphones to mix with.

wanna keep the mixes interesting and surprising but the speed at which i can lock the tunes is restricting me....not nearly quick enough to consider using teasers yet..with most tunes anyway

i swear game overs intro is only 8 bars tho and thats simple enough

wanna keep the mixes interesting and surprising but the speed at which i can lock the tunes is restricting me....not nearly quick enough to consider using teasers yet..with most tunes anyway

i swear game overs intro is only 8 bars tho and thats simple enough

Even as an amateur, I don't find time difficult and teasers arent a problem but if they are, there are ways round that. Mix a tune from its start and mix the other tune out fairly quickly, then grab a record you have all ready to be spun. Idealy one that gets into it quickly with a beat as you can just cue it from the start, but even if it starts with an intro it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to look at the vinyl, find the drop and put the stylus in that position and find that cue. Remember you can always wizz the vinyl round if you wanna be even faster getting to the cue. If you do this smoothly, you'll probably be able to do this by the start of the next sequence so running out of time really shouldnt be a problem mate, the biggest thing is to have your vinyls already out, ready to be spun and to plan ahead cos digging through your collection is where you'll loose time (y)

iv got numark tt1650s dont know bout them but i think theyre pretty shit
i reckon if i had technics id b better
do u lot find this

Yes technics are definately worth the investment buddy. Have you ever heard of "riding the pitch"? Look into it... it helps alot.

All the little techniques of beat matching come months after you think you have it mastered. Just keep practicing.

Back
Top Bottom