Beat syncing + Acapellas etc

come on you know how to mix dont you???

line up the accapella so it starts on beat and if its too fast, slow it down and vise versa

Get the original tune with the beats. Sync it with your beats (look at the wave forms, the drum beats should be obvious) and then use the same tempo change on the acapella. Or just beat match it by ear on cd decks...

I'm being well noobish but i really cant get fruity to do that shit &-) I Can chop it in bars but it still is hard to line up perfect.. plus there are shit loads of bars to arrange and it has to render everytime so it takes long :cool:

get acid or sumin like that.....set a 4x4 beat at what eva u want.export that into acid then mix the accapella in in acid.then after take the 4x4 beat out and then export ur new accapella into a wav....viola!

Still having in trouble with it in fruity and i cant be bothered to buy all that extravagant software to beat sync acapelas :|

Time stretching Accapellas and samples:

Click 'SMP' tab in the channel settings on the right.

'Time Stretching' under 'loop' points light.

Use 'MUL' knob, to left makes it faster, to the right, slower.

Use the 'PITCH' knob to adjust octave of sample.

TIPS: Use sections of samples, cut into bars id suggest.
Hold Ctrl key when turning the knobs, its give you more precise control when adjusting by 1% (Bigups SDM for that tip!).
Turn the 'SNAP' feature from 'LINE' to 'NONE' if the sample doesnt start on beat, just open the piano roll, an manually move the sample to where you want it to start.

Hope that helps :spliff:

Well thanks for all your help cause i've acually been able to sample a couple of bars out of an old reggae tune and mix it in fruity to match the beats :D I used the MUL knob rather than time stretching and with a bit of careful manouvering i got it perfect :D Thank you all!!

tip for using full lenth accapellas in fruity......

sometimes accapellas wont stay in sync, especially if the accapella is from a track where the music was played by a band without spot on digital timing so heres a tip for ya.......

1. drag the accapella into the lower screen of the playlist editor

2. play the metronome (or music) with the accapella and adjust the speed of the acc to as close as you can get it right

3. when the acc starts to go out of time, select the slicing tool (looks like a stanley knife) and slice the acc just before it goes out of time.... dont slice thru vocals tho, slice in between

4. now move the rest of the acc so it lines up again ;)

5. when it starts to go out again, repeat :)

Back
Top Bottom