beat matching problems :S

dissent306

aight guys, ok so i can beat match and i got both vinyls beating on time and then i hit the quartz lock on both turntables so i know they are defo going the same speeds, but then after a few seconds one of the vinyls will just started out beating the other one but i duno how it can be doing this becuase both turntables are on quartz.

can somebody please tell me what might be happening :S

1. 1200s=Technics 1200, industry standard, what your turntable copies.

2. Quartz lock is not an option to lock your decks at a certain speed. The pitch control does that for you. Quartz lock makes the decks play at 0% pitch regardless of your pitch setting. Don't press it. As a dj you never use quartz lock.

ok so i took quartz lock off and it kept the beats matching for longer but still one starts slowing down or going faster after a while even when i got the pitch control centered on both turntables.

I also found this starts happening when one vinyl is more heavey then another one, what am i ment to do :(

aight guys, ok so i can beat match and i got both vinyls beating on time and then i hit the quartz lock on both turntables so i know they are defo going the same speeds, but then after a few seconds one of the vinyls will just started out beating the other one but i duno how it can be doing this becuase both turntables are on quartz.

can somebody please tell me what might be happening :S

Thats where your goin wrong, tell me why, when you have the beats matched would you ever hit the 'quatz lock' which then plays it at 0. Obviously the 2 reocords havnt been cut at exactly the same speed so when they are both played at 0, one is going to be faster then the other

I'm no pro mate but chances are that having both tunes set at 0 one will run out of time..... one decks will have to be running faster or slower to match the other.

Try watching this vid... i found it helped me understand things really well. In fact i would have a look at djtutor.com and see the rest of his vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIt0ola2HOQ

Thats where your goin wrong, tell me why, when you have the beats matched would you ever hit the 'quatz lock' which then plays it at 0. Obviously the 2 reocords havnt been cut at exactly the same speed so when they are both played at 0, one is going to be faster then the other

hes obviously learning thats why!

dissent now you have to learn yourself how to keep them in sync.slowly touch one of the records on and youll hear if its too fast or too slow for the mix and gently move the pitch up or down depending.youll get the hang of it but it takes time.we were all there once.:piss:.that vids spot on for u there.

Last edited:
ok so i took quartz lock off and it kept the beats matching for longer but still one starts slowing down or going faster after a while even when i got the pitch control centered on both turntables.

I also found this starts happening when one vinyl is more heavey then another one, what am i ment to do :(

I'm not sure what you mean about 'centered'.

You mean the pitch control is in the center?

I think you have to go back to the basic of mixing.

Records have different speeds, bpm. I.e. one record will be 180bpm and one will be 175 bpm.

You use the pitch control to get the records going at the same speed - if they are not going at the same speed, the beats will screw up.

You do not return the pitch control to 0 if the records have different speeds.

In my 180 vs 175 example, what you would do is add 1% pitch to the 175 record with the pitch set at 0 for the 180 record.

So one pitch control would be at 0, the other at +1%.

You leave the controls at that and use other techniques to keep the records in sync.

Dnb has a bpm range of about 160-185, though mostly 175-180. The little fiddling you'll have to do with the pitch control is not easy but necessary.

hm.. it seems ive been given some wrong advice. i was told that once you have the beats matching you move both of them to 0 on the pitch control. this is probably why im having problems. thanks for the help guys

hm.. it seems ive been given some wrong advice. i was told that once you have the beats matching you move both of them to 0 on the pitch control. this is probably why im having problems. thanks for the help guys

You can tell the person who gave you the advice that he knows nothing about mixing or decks.

Seriously, thats the worst crap I've ever heard on mixing and I've heard and told a lot.

http://onlinedjtips.com/pitch-control/

mcdjsteffs comment was pretty much easier to understand.jus slowin or speedin up with a finger and pitch control are jus wot should sort it,u have to watch how much extra touch tho coz some centre holes may b cut too big or too small,my copy of warhead was loose so when spinnin a little forward i mite of gone to far(bit of tape sorts that) and had some that stick on the centre that want more of a shove(pointed knife,tip in,screw action but not too much sorts that one),as for havin to reset to zero after sync,that persons got it totally tits up.:slick:

Back
Top Bottom