Beat matching driveing me insane!!

I am in the same boat. I am only focusing on two tunes and learning to beat match them. I have literally been doing it for about 3 days and I am starting to be able to lock the tunes (although only for a little bit :)) and I can then adjust accordingly when they start to go out of beat. I am having a hard time keeping them locked. I guess it is just training your ears to listen actively.

what ever your using vinyl or cd i suggest get 2 copys of the same tune to make things a little easier for practising beat matching dont have to worry about speed so much then for a start

what ever your using vinyl or cd i suggest get 2 copys of the same tune to make things a little easier for practising beat matching dont have to worry about speed so much then for a start

Thats a ridiculous idea! Soon enough they will figure out they just need to be on the same pitch? Try to find tunes with a drumbeat the whole way through, find it alot easier and people seem to get confused with just hi hats when they are learning.

Didn't really wanna start a new thread so ill just bump this one.

Does anyone know how far you have to adjust the pitch to increase a tune by 1 bpm?

For example, say you are mixing one tune thats 174 and another thats 175, and you want to speed up the 174 to 175, how much do you have to increase the pitch?

Recently for me, increasing by 0.6% seems to work most of the time. But I was just wondering does anyone know the exact amount lol...

i never look at the pitch when im mixing. I just move it til it locks. Im guessing it will be only a couple of % tho.

Didn't really wanna start a new thread so ill just bump this one.

Does anyone know how far you have to adjust the pitch to increase a tune by 1 bpm?

For example, say you are mixing one tune thats 174 and another thats 175, and you want to speed up the 174 to 175, how much do you have to increase the pitch?

Recently for me, increasing by 0.6% seems to work most of the time. But I was just wondering does anyone know the exact amount lol...

lol? thats basic maths. im gonna do it for you ..

174/100 = 1,74

1/1,74 = 0,576

thats if the speed is 175 obviously. if you got that pitched already, its different.. lets say youre playing at 178. this results in 2,3% + on the 174bpm one..

lol? thats basic maths. im gonna do it for you ..

174/100 = 1,74

1/1,74 = 0,576

thats if the speed is 175 obviously. if you got that pitched already, its different.. lets say youre playing at 178. this results in 2,3% + on the 174bpm one..

yeah so if i wanted to mix a 170 tune with a 175 tune at 175 speed then i'd increase the 170 tune by 2.9/3.0%............well it worked for me.

i was just looking for expert opinion i suppose lol thanks man :)

If your using a CDJ make sure you put a little sticker over the BPM so you can't see it

Helps me practice

most of the time its wrong anyway or keeps changing every couple of seconds which is annoying. but i dont use that anyway, i just use the ones on Chemical

why do you need BPMs to mix the tunes though? your never gonna remember the BPM from looking on chemical.. just whack it on if its too slow speed it up and vice versa

surely not?

well yeah but i just wanted to know how much you had to speed it up to increase by just 1bpm. knowing the bpm's and how far you have to adjust pitch just makes it easier to beatmatch. its how ive learned to mix so it has worked i guess lol

I just listen in my headphones. If the track im cueing in is too slow, i speed it up, if its too fast, i slow it down. I find that All tunes (with the exception of a few...cough.hazard..cough)have a noticable drum beat or sound at 4 bars or a phrase that you can gauge this at really easilly. Just need to remember to Cue in a few phrases before the drop. But i guess everyone is different. Fuck all this math, last thing you wanna be doing when having a mix is to be getting mathematical! But thats me tbh. My head only seems to work with music if ive had a few beers or zoots, i cant seem to focus on anything else!

I just listen in my headphones. If the track im cueing in is too slow, i speed it up, if its too fast, i slow it down. I find that All tunes (with the exception of a few...cough.hazard..cough)have a noticable drum beat or sound at 4 bars or a phrase that you can gauge this at really easilly. Just need to remember to Cue in a few phrases before the drop. But i guess everyone is different. Fuck all this math, last thing you wanna be doing when having a mix is to be getting mathematical! But thats me tbh. My head only seems to work with music if ive had a few beers or zoots, i cant seem to focus on anything else!

yeah hazards tune always have to be pitched down like 3% compared to other jump up.. tosser :teeth:

Its finding phrases too! its all soo awkward to drop! I think Platinum shadows may be a rare one thatl work well, but you ever tried killers? ouch!

Back
Top Bottom