Beat match problems??

dj mirry

Hi guys! Just wondering how you all go about arranging tracks that go together? my beat matching is fine but i have trouble getting them fit together?

Whats the best way to arrange my folders?

One very very simple way to know what tunes mix into what is to know your tunes inside out.

That means: Beat Structure, Snare Patterns, Tune Structure (eg. number of bars in intro, number of bars in the breakdown, etc, etc)

There is no cool and fast way to creating better sounding mixes, you just need to practice and learn your tunes.

There is no cool and fast way to creating better sounding mixes, you just need to practice and learn your tunes.

This isn't strictly true with DVS tho; since using one the past few years I can rock up at a mates, read the waveform and mix most stuff as if they were my own tunes.

This isn't strictly true with DVS tho; since using one the past few years I can rock up at a mates, read the waveform and mix most stuff as if they were my own tunes.

That is very true Russ.

I'm old skool as fuck though! Fuck your Seracktor!

know your tunes inside out.

its this all day long.
sure you can use auto beatmatching software, mixed in key malarkey... but this wont aid creativity. it can be in the same key same bpm and still sound terrible.

know your tunes and you will be playing something when eureka moments will strike!!!! this tune will sound wicked with this one.

Doesn't know what he's talking about that.........Wayne MacKenzie! Everyone loves 120 tunes crammed into a 45 minute mix.

Totally agreed. It makes beat matching super easy too. I remember beatless intros used to be so damn hard to mix. Now I can look at a tune, tell it's a 64 bar intro, drop it and match it from there very easily.

I feel like there's a lot more I could be doing with my mixes. I need to spend more time exploring different ways to mix. I've been listening to a lot more techno to come up with ideas. There are some really interesting dj's in other genre's.

Back
Top Bottom