Beat juggling with dnb

Not really tried it to be honest.

When ya say beat jugglin' do ya mean loopin' or creating live beats?

I wouldnt have thought loopin' would be too hard, but with Drum & Bass you would have to be fairly quick!!! :p

Man I keep trying this shit, I got a loop juggle down to about a four bar but I aint quite quick enough to juggle a shorter section. Perhaps I just need to try harder.

Bodyrock is dope for tricks
you can loop the buildup to the drumroll, then keep cutting it shorter, then play it with delays afterwards to make some mad fx with the beats. I hope more of this stuff comes out cos the beats are good to play with.

Serum said:
Bodyrock is dope for tricks
you can loop the buildup to the drumroll, then keep cutting it shorter, then play it with delays afterwards to make some mad fx with the beats. I hope more of this stuff comes out cos the beats are good to play with.

Yeah, sounds wicked...spacehopper should be out this week, more clownstep stylee

It's getting there slowly, I've worked out that u hav to use the second kick and snare in a bar (so the snare is closer to the kick). To get the kick and snare sound where they are further apart u hav to pause the record until the snare sound is due.....well complicated

I'll post up a sample if I can get round to it.

It's actually not that hard. Throw the first kick of the dupliate on the first snare of the first record. Obviously, they'll both have the same pitch! :rolleyes: Then, cut back & forth on beat and you'll get all snares or all kicks. Try changing the rhythm of your cuts to get funky new drum patterns....

Weatherman
Playtheavy Kru|Sleuth Empire|Candy

Are we talkng two copies of the same tune on at once? If so then I've done it on my show a couple of times, last time it was Spiritual Aura I think. Dropping the second tune at the right time can be kinda tricky coz your brain tries to tell you to get them in time :)

Slapping tunes in off beat (1 or 2 beats behind/infront to make new drum patterns) or phazing (identical beats for a sort of wave effect) is pretty easy and there's quite a few people out there doing it. But dRiFT ure right about dropping the second tune in, properly confusing....I usually just drop um in on the same beat and then adjust :D

Wot my previous thread was talking about is using 1 kick and 1 snare to build a drum pattern, i.e. the ground work for making live beats for a band. Anyone seen the scratch perverts? Prime cuts used to make hip hop beats up by using just a kick n snare....crazy shit. DnB is that much harder caus the tempo is that much quicker.

Tell ya wot I'll try a little bit on breakpirates this Sunday, gonna sound well shit but you'll get the general idea.

Klusta-I tend to slow them right down @ first and listen to the first four bars you're gonna use, from those four bars, take 1 bar which sounds dope. Now speed them up so when you play them they're quite slower than normal say -3 and just go from record to record at different times keep at it and sometimes by accident u come up with something that sounds fresh and just do it again and evlove it as much as you can-practice my friend and you will find the force in the "ZONE"!!!! It works for me!

Last edited:
Originally posted by sampa
Klusta-I tend to slow them right down @ first and listen to the first four bars you're gonna use, from those four bars, take 1 bar which sounds dope. Now speed them up so when you play them they're quite slower than normal say -3 and just go from record to record at different times keep at it and sometimes by accident u compe up with something that sounds fresh and just do it again and evlove it as much as you can-practice my friend and you will find the force in the "ZONE"!!!! It works for me!

heh, thanks....I'm way beyond this now, these are from when I was just kickin off with tricks

note the date on the threadz ;)

Back
Top Bottom