Beat Delete: Ingenious idea!

jungle_fever

VIP Junglist
Easy everyone. I stumbled upon this last week. Basically its a repress backing site where people guarantee a payment for a repress of a sought after release and when it reaches a specific threshold the company will collect funds, repress it and you will get a copy for a normal price, not a silly discogs price.

http://www.beatdelete.com/

ive backed the old bonobo album and an amon tobin album. but i was wondering if there are some sought after Drum & Bass releases that it may be worth mentioning to the website. They say they are open to suggestions from any genre soooo any ideas?

They ask to send suggestions to this email address - info@beatdelete.com

I could honestly see this company doing rather well with fewer and fewer labels wanting to risk large sums of money on represses without guaranteed sales

although i would be very annoyed if time tripping doesnt get a vinyl release, i think its more for out of print vinyl, not tunes that never had the wax treatment. i was thinking more along the lines of the missing prototype releases (PRO003 or PRO006). if either of those went up i would support 10 copies. but saying that i dont even know the reason why they didnt make a full run...

Back
Top Bottom